Sundown 11/30 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sundown 11/30

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    Killington had some decent bumps this weekend. Northstar and to a lesser extent Vagabond
    And that should be a given...

I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And that should be a given...
    in days gone by, yes. More recently, no. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill04 View Post
    Great skiing everyone. I'm kicking myself for not joining you guys. I gut up there around 9:45, watched from the deck for about 30min to see if I noticed anybody, then went home. I didn't see anyone and didn't want to buy a lift ticket to ski by myself in the rain. Oh well there is always next week
    I walked in about 10 after 10. Saw Gary walking in as I clicked in and ran into Steve pretty much right away. I think Chris and Pat showed up closer to 10:30. Would've been a blast if you were there, Jay. Rain = guaranteed good bumps. It was worth getting saturated. Don't let it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    in days gone by, yes. More recently, no. Unfortunately.
    Which just validates my point.

a few revelations for me yesterday.

1) Windpants suck donkey nuts in the rain
    2) Wearing my glasses and being able to see was eye opening. seriously, being able to see more than 8 -10 feet in front of me was a nice change.
    3) I tried, with mixed results, to really keep my hands up front and more quiet. I didnt see any footy that caught my serious attempts but i think i got it down on a few runs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    3) I tried, with mixed results, to really keep my hands up front and more quiet. I didnt see any footy that caught my serious attempts but i think i got it down on a few runs.
    Steve and I noticed you doing this. Looking good. This is something I'm working on too. I'm really trying to get away from the wild swings and "card dealing". But same thing for me; I didn't notice too much consistency in the video of quiet hands on my part. I'm also trying to keep my poles more vertical, vs. an "A" shape. My new poles at 46" are probably still too long for the bumps. I hesitate to chop them shorter though. I had one instance yesterday of totally missing a pole plant which resulted in a single ejection wreck.

my revelations from yesterday:
    • my new pants from TJMax are not waterproof
    • i stand too tall in the bumps
    • i am much slower than you guys
    • i really need to learn something other than a spread eagle
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    my revelations from yesterday:
    • my new pants from TJMax are not waterproof
    • i stand too tall in the bumps
    • i am much slower than you guys
    • i really need to learn something other than a spread eagle
    My pants let a little water in over the course of two hours, unless you're wearing full on rain gear it's hard to stay completely dry. My Gore-Tex gloves were completely soaked through after about an hour.

As far as I know standing tall isn't a bad thing, as long as you're centered over the balls of your feet and absorbing the bumps with your legs.

You didn't look any slower than I was skiing yesterday.

I can't even do a spread eagle, just search for "dumper air" and you'll see what I mean. I pulled off my first dumper air of the season off of the last roller yesterday.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    a few revelations for me yesterday.

1) Windpants suck donkey nuts in the rain
    2) Wearing my glasses and being able to see was eye opening. seriously, being able to see more than 8 -10 feet in front of me was a nice change.
    As I told ya pat that one run I really watched your hands were in perfect position IMO....I can say that is ONE thing I am doing right....Ive been practicing that on the groomers and think its been paying off...

steve

Mondeo was really ripping it yesterday....His A&E is something Ive been working on for years..He really snaps those knees up towards his chest!! I was impressed..Greg and I even joked he went to BC over the summer!!!

Thread Information