• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Total Vertical Skied So Far

Puck it

I just went over the 750,000 barrier today at Waterville. Everyone knows GSS is the vertical whore but who else has kept track and how much?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Never had an interest. Days out matter to me though, however they did not back during my ski bum days. I'm sure if I find myself in a position in life to ski 50 plus days a season again, I'll likely not keep track of days out as well.

mlctvt

I bought an altimeter watch and only keep track to compare days. Initially it was cool just to see how much vertical you could do in a day. I found that the days I had the most vertical weren't the best days on the hill though. Like early days in the season when you can just lap groomers all day. I was surprised that my favorite days sometimes had less than half the vertical. Messing around in powder or in the woods doesn't accumulate large vertical.
750,000 in one year is a huge number though. I think some of my largest days were 30,000-35,000 feet.

prisnah

People really keep track of this??? Wtf?

What's the point, I mean if you really wanna boost your vert couldn't you just lap steep fast groomers all day everyday???

I don't have the time or interest to do all that math, I'm busy skiing.

Yeah......I'd rather explore the trees, find untracked days after, and count the smiles.

my best was my senior year of high school when I skied over 2.6 million vertical feet..mostly at Blue mountain but also in NY/New England..I actually stopped keeping track of vert in college because skiing the woods at Stowe is not apples to apples with groomers but I started keeping track again when I joined www.paskiandride.com back in 2005

People really keep track of this??? Wtf?

What's the point, I mean if you really wanna boost your vert couldn't you just lap steep fast groomers all day everyday???

I don't have the time or interest to do all that math, I'm busy skiing.

Yeah......I'd rather explore the trees, find untracked days after, and count the smiles.

I count everything..when I was a little kid, I used to time how long I peed for..lol

I was uber impressed by JohnSkisMore 100k+ day..my best is about 70k..my best at Jackson Hole is 61K+ and I could hardly walk..