• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best memory from last ski season?

raisingarizona

View attachment 54985Four magical hours on one trail at Blue mountain Pa.
20°F 15mph wind blowing directly up the trail. Every run was a refresh , bumps all night long! Virtually no goggle stickage.
I've always wanted to film some professional bump skiers in a night setting like that. I think it would make a dope ass segment.

crank

Have you guys seen Fire On The Mountain... Very cool lighting Mammoth at night with bit color washed and also electric suits on snow and in surf.

Hawk

Wouldn't surprise me if this is around the same time-frame as storm Steezy mentioned, but this run on Paradise last year in one of the VERY short windows that Heaven's Gate happened to be running that day absolutely is in my top 5 all time runs list. There were numerous thigh deep wind-blown spots that were just amazing to ski through...

View attachment 54982
View attachment 54983

View attachment 54984

I was actually just showing these photos to some co-workers the other day when we were in a meeting and had some time to kill...
I was there that same day and probably a few chairs ahead of you. I will say this was my favorite also.

hardscrabble

Feb. 4-11 was the best week of the season at Cannon as well. Just a little more base still would've been nice, but the 4th was DEEP nonetheless and they opened Kinsman for a few days later in the week.

crank

Sorry no pics.

We went to VT 3 times. We went to Jackson Hole early Feb. We went to Italy's Dolomites mid March. Nowhere did we get more than a few inches of fresh snow so no great conditions for us last season. Sucks more when I see the pics you effers posted in this thread.

But good memories nonetheless. Best was having a blast ripping spring bumps at Killington end of March with a bunch of locals and a bunch of not locals at that other forum's Eastern Gathering (The forum that starts with Ski, not T). And then 2 of my 3 ski worlds collided there when I ran into a group of 4 ladies from my ski club so I skied some afternoon runs with them.

If you want to see pics there are a ton of them on that other forum just search out last season's eastern gathering.

skef

Feb. 4-11 was the best week of the season at Cannon as well. Just a little more base still would've been nice, but the 4th was DEEP nonetheless and they opened Kinsman for a few days later in the week.
Pics on my phone tell me I was there that week (the 7th). Foggy, but good.
12C61699-A506-4BB2-B346-E4E73661E9E2.jpeg

abc

“Best” in relative term: Crested Butte. Fresh snow too. Had some good time.

But no real high points. A really run-of-the-mill season. Weather didn’t help either. Nor did crowds. Add to that my buddy wasn’t skiing much, which took away some of the fun.

The real problem was I had an Epic pass. I come to dislike the Vail portfolio. Even at their “focal point” of Colorado, there’s just not enough diversity in terrain and climate. So for a visitor like me, getting skunked is to be expected.

Thank god for Nordic skiing. Saved my season.

Hawk

Andermatt/Sedrun/Rueras/Disentis.

American skiing will never be the same. Euro skiing is totally insane.
I have skied Chamonix a couple of times, St Anton - Lech - Zurs and Zermat. Cham is mystical and really cool. I liked Austria but every skier should go to Zermatt. The place is magical. Huge vertical, lots of places to escape to with a guide and ski pow, and really good places to stop and eat all over the place. They do a moonlight ski there every month. You go up to the top of the Rothhorn, eat fondue and then ski down 5,000 ft at 9pm. My favorite all time memory.IMG_6222.jpgIMG_6251.jpgIMG_6294.JPG

ThatGuy

The alps have a truly ethereal quality to them. Would love to visit someday.

MandyJames

I've been skiing for quite a few years now and have been skiing in different resorts. I have to say that last year's skiing season was the best. I had to work for a bit, but I saved up for the whole year so I could spend Ski Season with my family. We started in December with a week long ski trip to the powder highway. I absolutely loved the powdery snow that came down on every run. After doing a lot of research on different ski resorts I found that Revelstoke resort offers the best package at a reasonable price because we bought Ikon Pass and we spent a good amount of time out on the ski slopes. We had a great time, so I'm looking forward to going back again this year.