Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I look forward to it in the AM. Up at 5, another fun filled day tomorrow of fake smiles and fending off snake oil salesman at a trade show. Can't wait to see it.

Though I've never met her, bummer to hear about 180's wife getting hurt. Hope to read it's nothing too serious.

Wait did the screw up mean 180 didn't qualify?

I'm out of popcorn, while waiting for this TR.
    Shall I pop some more?
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

One observation that I had was once the duals started...Whover was the fastest went on to the next round...didnt seem like turns, air and speed were judged collectively...Anyways had a great time today Congrats to the Azers that qualified and made it to latter rounds!!!

steveo

Great day! Sundown really deserves big props for putting on a great event, cramming so much stuff into such little time was impressive. There were a few small problems, and the deal with 180 really sucked, but overall it was great. Hopefully they can iron out the details for next time.

Lots of great talent there today. It was great to see the Meatheads there, especially The Hammer and Radio Ron. Everyone seemed to really like what Sundown had going on, it's not too often you can get guys to head south to ski in CT!

There's so much more to be said, but I'm too spent to get it out of my head right now.

I wouldn't anticipate any video from me until tomorrow night. Aside from the fact that I'm so beat, Carrie is hogging the computer that I do video processing on...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    I'm out of popcorn, while waiting for this TR.
    Shall I pop some more?
    3 hours for Greg to edit, 3 hours for Vimeo to upload...

I'm gonna wait til morning.
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

Total: 44

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    One observation that I had was once the duals started...Whover was the fastest went on to the next round...didnt seem like turns, air and speed were judged collectively...
    I don't know if that was necessarily true. I saw at least a couple duals where the guy who crossed the line first wasn't the one to move on. It was usually pretty obvious that faster guy was just blasting down with little control though.
    Brian

How did pat do in the 2nd round??

i'll add more later but my quick recap is this.

The talent there was out of this world. I knew the grand for first place would draw people, but shit that was a top notch field.

Personally, i couldnt be happier, I qualified 11th. won a round and then lost a very close duel with someone who had a bye in the first round. not bad for a hack like me.

The hammer was killing it today.

iceman is gonna be an olympic gold medal winner.

sundown rocks.

alan got screwed.

great day, most importantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Randy "The Hammer" Grasso. And deservedly so. Unbelievable talent there today. Top skiers from both Killington (no Highway Star ) and Hunter in attendance. More later.
    REALLY...HighwayStar wasn't there to show you CT skiers how it's really done....shocking

Thread Information