• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is still stuck working today?

Vortex

I'm working Monday so... I'm hannging around while others get a jump on the weeeknd. I'll stay while others play. Skelleton crew Monday. I'll take a day off in ski season to make up for Monday's punishment. :idea: Going to rain anyway.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Working today, not on Monday.

I too would much rather have it as a floating day, but I have no say in the matter.

So I'll probably end up drinking since it will be raining.

A rainy day can always be salvaged with alcohol.

ctenidae

No rest for the wicked, here. Working today, Monday, next Friday, the following monday, and every day that doesn't start with an "S" in between. Probably be doing some work on those days, too.

Urgh.

Vortex

My wife's company just cut the staff to 4.. use to be 12. She is one of the lucky ones. Job market I think is tight everywhere. That is why I'm here.

skijay

I should be up north this weekend for Thanksgiving Day (Canadian). My first time in years that I am not going up north for the weekend. :cry:

Monday is not an observed holiday, so I am working as I am now.

hammer

Working today, not on Monday, have to travel on Tuesday...

We don't normally get Columbus Day off, but we have a floating holiday that moves around from year to year, and this year it happens to be on Columbus Day.

Wanted to go on a family bike ride this weekend, but it looks like that will be a washout... :(

Good thing is that I always get the day after Thanksgiving off. Sure hope we have more cooperative weather this year. :)

JimG.

Staff member
andyzee said:
Stuck working today and Monday. I need a new job :x Anything up there in NH/VT? :lol:

If there is you'll have to fight me for it :lol: .

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Was supposed to work Monday, but won't be paving due to the weather so they said to take the holiday. Kinda stinks because it will be a washout anyway. Guess I'll just have to go hiking in the rain....

Terry

Got today off. Just got back from a motorcycle ride.Probably one of the last of the year. Have to work monday though. :beer:

kickstand

I'm stuck at work and I don't have Monday off.

Terry, how is the traffic up there right now? We're blowing out of here about 6:30. Hopefully it's not too bad tonight.