• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A skiing miracle happen

Bostonian

A skiing miracle happened this past weekend... My fiance, who refused to go skiing ever again told me she wanted to try it. So here is how the story went down.

My fiance wanted to get Wii Fit this past weekend so she could use it for yoga and what not. On Wii fit, there is a slalom course, and she began to get hooked on it. Whether it tucking down to get speed on the wii board, or just navigating between the flags, she was getting hooked on it. She asked why skiing wasn't quite as fun in real life, and I said to her, with anything you need practice and the right gear. Well to make a long story short, now she is jonesing to get her balance right, and hit the snow this winter with me...

Now only if it was November and that first beautiful white ribbon of man made snow was upon us!

SkiDork

A skiing miracle happened this past weekend... My fiance, who refused to go skiing ever again told me she wanted to try it. So here is how the story went down.

My fiance wanted to get Wii Fit this past weekend so she could use it for yoga and what not. On Wii fit, there is a slalom course, and she began to get hooked on it. Whether it tucking down to get speed on the wii board, or just navigating between the flags, she was getting hooked on it. She asked why skiing wasn't quite as fun in real life, and I said to her, with anything you need practice and the right gear. Well to make a long story short, now she is jonesing to get her balance right, and hit the snow this winter with me...

Now only if it was November and that first beautiful white ribbon of man made snow was upon us!

Thats awesome! Hope to see her out there this season!!!!

BackLoafRiver

That is pretty awesome guy!! My lady-friend is hooked on her wii fit and loves the skiing one also. I keep telling her she would have a hella good time. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats!!!

Hawkshot99

I have tried the Wii fit skiing and it kicked my ass! That game is hard, not at all like real skiing. Make sure she realizes being good at the game, will not make her a good skier.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have tried the Wii fit skiing and it kicked my ass! That game is hard, not at all like real skiing. Make sure she realizes being good at the game, will not make her a good skier.

kick your ass as in difficult? or kick your ass as in a decent work out?

Warp Daddy

Her attitude is enthusisastic now you need to work on her skills ,a wii fit while fun and challenging isnt skiing it's a game so enroll her in a few lessons, be prepared for initial enthusiasm and then some ULTIMATE slippage in enthusiasm as she experiences some setback ( normal ) but be there to "coach" her when she experiences some slippage by REDIRECTING her to fundamentals then ENCOURAGE < ENCORAGE ENCORAGE -- Happy 4 u ----make it WORK !!

Philpug

Get the Wii Ski game now. It is more fun than the version in teh Wii Fit.

awesome..looks like future vacations will be spent in the Alps and the Rockies as opposed to the beach like the rest of the world!!!