• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sterling Forest Ski Center - Closing?

loafer89

I heard a story on WCBS 880 this afternoon that Sterling Forest ski center in Tuxedo, N.Y will not be operating this winter. I just checked their website which confirms that they are seeking a new group to operate/lease the ski center this winter, but as of November 15th, they do not have a firm offer and will not be operating for this season.

I have only skied there once many years ago, it is close to the N.J border and near to Mount Peter ski area. It is a small place with 400' of vertical, 4 double chairs and 6 trails and is located about 40 miles from NYC.

Hopefully they do not become another ski area on the NELSAP list.

ann in ma

Oh darn ... we used to ski there a lot in middle school and high school. But like you, it's been awhile -- I haven't been there in over 20 years. I was actually hoping to take my kids this winter, since it's about 20 minutes away from my mom's house. Oh well.... hopefully someone will come along and rescue it!