• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Therm-ic Boot Heater Installation

Glenn

Root....You may be able to get a mount for the back of the boot that'll mount over that Super Booster. I'm thinking a longer bolt to secure things will work just fine.

Ok, so it may not work perfectly......May require drilling a hole in the center to get them mounted:

TH-687758_H.jpg

Euler

My wife has Hotronics heaters which she loves. She, on the advice of the store owner who sold them to her, threads the power strap right through the clip rather than just clipping onto the power strap. It's worked well.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've worked it out by getting the clip over the powerstrap. I had them on the lowest setting today...was way warm and had to turn them off.

Philpug

I have mine on the outside, by the buckles on my boots. On the back there is too much of a chance to get caught on a chair lift.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Root, how's that working out for you? Wife want to run her cables in her boot today and was wondering if you have any pointers.
Working out great. My only complaint is that sometimes the switch gets moved to either the off position or the highest position. The high position is super hot and painful.

I would make the psudo-conduit for the wire though.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Working out great. My only complaint is that sometimes the switch gets moved to either the off position or the highest position. The high position is super hot and painful.

I would make the psudo-conduit for the wire though.

Only thing I'm doing is running the cable, not changing the sole to the original. Looks like you made an incision at the top, any reason you didn't just do it at the bottom around the heal?

2knees

Only thing I'm doing is running the cable, not changing the sole to the original. Looks like you made an incision at the top, any reason you didn't just do it at the bottom around the heal?

i'm just waiting for you to forget which board you're posting on at that given time. would be pretty enlightening to some.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
There was some heavier stitching there that I didn't want to cut through.

bigbog

Looks good Root. If you have some rigidity in your forefeet and need a little "give" in the forefoot-section of the footbed, you may want to remove any extra layers of ducktape as it begins to stiffen whatever it's attached to = pain in forefoot....so I think keeping the ducktape to just a single strip works for everyone.

$.01