• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sundown 3/8

MogulQueen

lower kicker feed back? otherwise we'll start shaping the upper jumps

A chick's opinion.......the skiers left kicker was perfect. On skiers right, however, I had ahard time making the transition on skiers. I needed one less foot of flat area. I tried to go straight at it but still could not clear it. I did not attempt the middle. Upper kickers seem like they are going to have a big transition. It will be tough for the hacks like me. All in all, the course is awesome. NICE JOB!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

2knees

lower kickers are awesome. I can say that they handle crashes very well also. I had a pretty nasty crash that could've been ugly but I came out pretty fine due to the nice sloped landing.

Greg

Staff member
Seriously kewl shots Greg !! Geez nice skiing by one and all

i hope u guys r ALL FEELING MUCH Better today :D:D:D:D

I was feeling great last night, but I suddenly feel like shit again. Gonna have to sit tight though. :roll: I might be really ill by Thursday if this keeps up...

Wow Gunny is looking sweet. I might have to do a Thursday trip.

It will be well worth it!

Absolutely. Anyone that loves good bumps and is within 2 hours, has to try it out this week. Jarrod was telling me about a family we saw that gave Sundown a try yesterday afternoon on their way back from Stowe. They seemed to be enjoying it a lot, especially dad wearing the mogul pants! :)

A chick's opinion.......the skiers left kicker was perfect. On skiers right, however, I had ahard time making the transition on skiers. I needed one less foot of flat area. I tried to go straight at it but still could not clear it. I did not attempt the middle. Upper kickers seem like they are going to have a big transition. It will be tough for the hacks like me. All in all, the course is awesome. NICE JOB!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

I pretty much agree here. I think you could make the transition though, MQ. We all only gave it one go. However, moving it up a foot would make it consistent with the other jump.

God - I gotta find a way to get back out there one afternoon this week. I just have to. I might have to sign off AZ for a few days and just pound out the work. Tomorrow or Thursday, maybe...........

gmcunni

lower kicker feed back? otherwise we'll start shaping the upper jumps

my uneducated feedback-

skied left kicker a few times, right one twice. Right isn't bad once you get over the fear of the bigger transition. I got no style points but did make it to the downslope on the 2nd try on the right side

i think both kickers will produce some big air for anyone who wants it (see pics of Pat).

After they salted the left kicker it was much faster.

Greg

Staff member
After they salted the left kicker it was much faster.

That and probably the lower sun angle sped it up. All the bumps were a little faster on the last few runs.

Anyone remember when one of the younger terrain guys salted the landing for one of the comps?! :lol:

gmcunni

That and probably the lower sun angle sped it up. All the bumps were a little faster on the last few runs.

true, seemed like every hit on the left i was getting further down the landing. probably a combination of decreased fear and increased speed as snow firmed back up.

ta&idaho

That first pic is a great perspective, and the view is beautiful -- no wonder you guys spend so much time skiing in CT!

Btw...nice airs everyone...I'm impressed.

Greg

Staff member
left side top jump finished... right side top jump will be changed to be similar

How far is the gap? Basically what we saw from the starter piles yesterday? Are you grooming the approaches and landings tonight? ;)

gmcunni

just showed my daughter the pictures Greg took. she asked why i was leaning back so much. when i showed her Pat's pic she just said "WOW"

2knees

the cheeezzziest of all videos will go here.......

uploading now. sorry guys that my batteries kicked it so it really isnt much.

Last edited:

frankm938

good skiing guys, but one thing i noticed was that the trannies looked really short (easy to over shoot). think one of you guys can see if they will make them a little longer?
if not, someone is gonna go too big and get f*#ked up

Greg

Staff member

:lol: Long live the spaffy. Holy moly... :roll: :lol: