• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone familiar with Rockport MA restaurants?

MommaBear

Looking for an affordable restaurant in the Rockport MA area. Will be up there in a couple of weeks and hoping to take a couple of family members out for dinner as a "thank you" for some favors they've done me recently. Had a recommendation for, what looks like, a really nice place...but it seemed really expensive for me (realizing everything is relative - $36 for just the entree is just out of reach for me). Not looking for anything fancy - just a decent place with good food. Is $36 for an entree the norm in that area? Or can we get good food in the $15 to $25 range?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Clarkl23

Website
www.linehan-photography.com
If you like Italian I can recommend LoGrasso's. It use to be a sub shop/deli that converted into a restaurant 4 nights a week. I believe they now just run as a restaurant. I lived in Gloucester for 25 years and use to go there on a regular basis.

LoGrasso's Cafe and Bistro
13 Railroad Avenue
Rockport, MA 01966
978-546-7977

For casual seafood I use to go to Farnham's which is on Rt. 133 on the Gloucester/Essex line. I'm not a big fan of Woodman's in Essex, thought it was too greasy, but a lot of others do like it.

J.T. Farnham's Seafood & Grill
88 Eastern Avenue
Essex, MA 01929
978-768-6643

A lot of the restaurants in Gloucester and Rockport change hands from year to year so it's hard to know if places I went to on a regular basis are as good or bad as I remember them.

Clark

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I would much rather eat in Gloucester than Rockport. Less touristy and better priced.
Consider "Passports" on Main St. it gets busy in the evening so call ahead or go early.

"Gloucester House" is a more middle of the road food (that my parents might like) right on a wharf. Either of those places are in your price range.

Gloucester is where many fishermen are based, so you'll see a lot of working wharfs.

Puck it

I would recommend the Azorean Rest. on Washington St in Gloucester. Right off Grant's Circle. It is very reasonable and I know the chef.

rocojerry

Gloucesta

I've tried a good amount of Gloucester ones after living here for 5 years...

Let me know if you want more suggestions ---

MommaBear

Wow! Thanks everyone - I knew I could count on the experience of this board...lol! I will scope out the suggestions and go from there.

Thanks again!