• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Lost Thread

Paul

I think the "pregnant male mouse/hit by a bus" may have been the "Shark"

That was annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the "saved at the last second" moments (chick with the sling-shot / convienient trap door-pit in middle of jungle; Blond chick shooting angry guy as he's about to kill Sawyer; blond chick seeing Sawyer/Kate/Alex on monitor at the exact second she walks in, they walk past camera pointed at arbitrary spot in the jungle?)

Also, what the hell has happened to the Others? The first 2 seasons, they made Navy SEALS, Delta Force, etc... look like a marching band. Now, they have the prowess of the three stooges. "Look, your shoe's untied"...BAMMO!

YardSaleDad

Website
www.tirnalong.com
chick with the sling-shot / convienient trap door-pit in middle of jungle; Blond chick shooting angry guy as he's about to kill Sawyer; blond chick seeing Sawyer/Kate/Alex on monitor at the exact second she walks in, they walk past camera pointed at arbitrary spot in the jungle?

Yup, hated them too, but they were regular hollywood cliche. The "hit by a bus sequence" was the in the same vein.

However, a knocked up mouse stud is water skiing Fonzie material.

I'll still watch as long as they don't kill off freckles or Hurley.

SilentCal

I love the show but I wish they would start tying up loose ends. Every episode seems to create more of a mystery. I suppose with 15 weeks of shows they can begin to come full circle. Some things I want to know.

1. What is the smoke monster?
2. Just what is wrong with Desmond and why?
3. The statue of the foot. What's that mean?
4. The others? What are they doing?
5. Who is going to live to the finale and will it be Desmond's sweetheart that comes to their rescue?

There are more odds and ends out there that people want tied up.

Paul

I love the show but I wish they would start tying up loose ends. Every episode seems to create more of a mystery. I suppose with 15 weeks of shows they can begin to come full circle. Some things I want to know.

1. What is the smoke monster?
2. Just what is wrong with Desmond and why?
3. The statue of the foot. What's that mean?
4. The others? What are they doing?
5. Who is going to live to the finale and will it be Desmond's sweetheart that comes to their rescue?

There are more odds and ends out there that people want tied up.

I have a bad feeling that much of the mythology is nothing more than Deus Ex Machina. I stopped holding out much hope for explanaitions of the smoke monster, Hanso, DHARMA, the numbers et al....

I watched the hour-long "recap" type show that preceeded the series opener, and the way they keep saying its "character-driven" makes me think that most of these things are red-herrings.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Mmmmm... freckles...
Heck, even I like her. ;)

I think the story is getting weaker. I hate that there are commercials every 5 minutes. Too many coincidences. Too much not explained. And I'm losing interest fast.

I thought I heard that next year will be the last season?