• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheapskates 2023-24 thread

thebman11

Yeah... I logged in at 10:00 (the earliest possible). entered the cue at 12:00 (again the earlist possible) and waited in a virtual waiting room for 80 minutes before I got booted. Logged back in and sold out! Bummer!

ThatGuy

Not Northeast but Tamarack Resort in Idaho is doing a sale tonight where you can get 5 tickets for anytime free. Its a nice spot North of Boise, been there a couple times. Got 5 for myself you just buy them on the website and put the code TAMBSU23 in at checkout.
IMG_4782.jpeg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyone got any recommendations on Sugarloaf adult single day ticket deals? Specifically for either 2/26 or 2/27?

chuckstah

Prepurchase now is probably best for SL, and watch for flash sales. They seem to have them a few times a season. But we all know what a crapshoot it is preplanning loaf trips.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Staying in Rangeley, have Saturday to Tuesday to ski. Figure 2 Saddleback, 1 BMOM and 1 SL. Not sure I'm willing to take a gamble on reserving a day in advance at SL. Probably just take Bigos offer on the buddy discount

Last edited:

oldfartrider

Staying in Rangeley, have Saturday to Tuesday to ski. Figure 2 Saddleback, 1 BMOM and 1 SL. Not sure I'm willing to take a gamble on reserving a day in advance at SL. Probably just take Bigos offer on the buddy discount
I would suggest not taking rte 17 from Rangeley down to Black Mtn. Unless that road was paved over the summer that’s a 25mph road at best in the winter. Unreal frost heaves.

Smellytele

I would suggest not taking rte 17 from Rangeley down to Black Mtn. Unless that road was paved over the summer that’s a 25mph road at best in the winter. Unreal frost heaves.
I drove that last year but I heard that it may have been paved. I will double check with my sources and post my findings here.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've made the trip over 17 twice, but not last year. I do so mainly for Height of Land views. Is 4 to 142 appreciably faster / smoother?

2planks2coasts

A post on skitalk this summer said the highway was fixed. When I drove it last winter, it was terrible. As in shouldn't be open at all.

BodeMiller1

RH29

Berkshire East and Catamount both doing Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.

$75 for three night tickets (mailed vouchers, so transferrable)
$105 for three weekday full day tickets
15% off all online lift ticket purchases with the code BECYBERSALE / CATCYBERSALE

Bromley normally has a flat ticket rate of $99 regardless of the day - that's discounted to $89 as part of their cyber weekend sale.

Anyone else see some good deals?

skiur

Why is last year's thread still pinned and this one isn't? People keep starting new threads since they can't find this one.