Bike Log - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log

Quote Originally Posted by bruno
    dude that's still a good ride. just take a little more recovery time and this ride'll stand ya in good stead! you stressed your systems good which, of course after a good recovery, will make you stronger. great effort!!!! keep it up!!!
    Thanks for the good words Bruno, I know it'll only make me stronger, but damn, that ride kicked my butt today. My problem is that I still remember my old standards, where a ride like this was nothing, I would do it a few times a week. Ofcourse I was 15 years younger and 60 pounds lighter

Today's ride was short (about 10 miles only) but sweet. Not because of climbs, or sprints, but because my 17 year old son just got a new road bike today and "hot shot" thought he would show Dad a thing or two. He was a MTB guy up until today. Within 1000 yards of the house he throws the chain on a bad shift. And on the hills he was left in the dust. I believe his words before we left the house were "I'm gonna smoke ya!".

Uh huh!

Over three days the last week, my wife & I logged a total of Forty-three Mountain Bike miles on the Carriage Roads in Acadia National Park at about 8.5 MPH…rewarding ourselves with afternoon tea & popovers at the end of the rides at the Jordan Pond House…
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schuessler
    Over three days the last week, my wife & I logged a total of Forty-three Mountain Bike miles on the Carriage Roads in Acadia National Park at about 8.5 MPH…rewarding ourselves with afternoon tea & popovers at the end of the rides at the Jordan Pond House…
    Always nice when you could enjoy some biking with your lady.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee
    Always nice when you could enjoy some biking with your lady.
    Except for a recent trip to Nantucket, ANP is the only place she'll cycle with me...
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schuessler
    Except for a recent trip to Nantucket, ANP is the only place she'll cycle with me...
    Ever try Cape Cod, me and my wife like doing the dunes around Provincetown.
    Last edited by andyzee; Jul 3, 2006 at 1:32 PM.

Nice easy 21.5 miles today at a 16.6 mph avg.

Smile

53 miles on sunday.
    monday went hikin' up king ravine to mt adams. great weather!!
    48 yesterday (4th of july).

Thread Information