• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pet Peeves

bvibert

Staff member
people who pick up after their dog then leave the plastic blue bag on the side of the trail ! !

I've seen that too. I can only hope that they intend on picking it up on their way back by. Otherwise it's just beyond dumb...

MommaBear

I've seen that too. I can only hope that they intend on picking it up on their way back by. Otherwise it's just beyond dumb...

We thought that with people who walk their dogs in our neighborhood as well....but they never come back. Till the next day's walk, and leave another one. SO annoying. There was talk amongst the neighbors that once we would figure out who the culprit was, we would collect the offending bags and distribute them on their doorstep. It finally stopped, so someone must have ID'd them.

wa-loaf

people who pick up after their dog then leave the plastic blue bag on the side of the trail ! !

We thought that with people who walk their dogs in our neighborhood as well....but they never come back. Till the next day's walk, and leave another one. SO annoying. There was talk amongst the neighbors that once we would figure out who the culprit was, we would collect the offending bags and distribute them on their doorstep. It finally stopped, so someone must have ID'd them.

What goes through people's head when they do stuff like that??

When I had a dog we'd do that if she took a dump right at the start of the walk. Pick it up on your way out. Did forget once or twice ... sorry. If the dog dumped on the trail then we would just carry the bag for the rest of the walk.

bvibert

Staff member
When I had a dog we'd do that if she took a dump right at the start of the walk. Pick it up on your way out. Did forget once or twice ... sorry. If the dog dumped on the trail then we would just carry the bag for the rest of the walk.

Mistakes happen, I've probably done the same thing in the past. But it sounds like some people leave it behind on purpose. They recognize the need to pick it up, hence the baggies, but then think it's okay to just leave the baggie laying around??

drjeff

What goes through people's head when they do stuff like that??

Probably something like "well I DID atleast pick it up and bag it! That's good enough. They seriously can't expect ME to actually also dispose of MY dog's cr@p too!" :mad:

Black Phantom

Mistakes happen, I've probably done the same thing in the past. But it sounds like some people leave it behind on purpose. They recognize the need to pick it up, hence the baggies, but then think it's okay to just leave the baggie laying around??

You have taken a dump on the side of a road? They make stuff for that.

diapers-for-adult2.jpg

tjf67

I see the crap bag up here in the woods. WTF are people thinking. Do they think the garbage man comes by once a week? Just kick it off into the woods and move one. I have legal poop zones. If it not in someones yard, sidewalk or in a path it stays where it drops. When I do pick up the crap it goes in a barrell.

tjf67

Most of my travel is on two lane highways with 55 stated limit. You can go around every corner at 63. Some people slow down to 35 aroung the bends, most do't know the roads so OK. Then they get to the straights and speed up to 60. It I want to pass I have to go 90 to get by. Just stay slow so other people can get by you stupid f's..... your annoying as hell.

twinplanx

when someone quotes the whole comment from right above there post. More annoying on the cell phone then the comp. but come on guy, I could figure out who your responding to!!

wa-loaf

when someone quotes the whole comment from right above there post. More annoying on the cell phone then the comp. but come on guy, I could figure out who your responding to!!

Yeah, I totally get what you are saying ...

bvibert

Staff member

Yeah, I totally get what you are saying ...

I knew that was gona happen...

You must love multi-quotes then... ;)

I'm probably one of the offenders you refer to, but I usually only try to quote if it's not the last post, or if I want to respond to one particular aspect of the post (then I'll cut out the part I'm not responding to).

Riverskier

that doesn't bother me as much as using plastic in the drive through. Should be cash only

Given how often I see it, most people feel the same as you! Since merchants typically have to pay a transaction fee for credit card purchases, their entire profit can be wiped out with a small purchase. Not to mention holding up the line and the general silliness factor. I can understand not wanting to carry a ton of cash, and when I take my wife out for a $100 dinner the plastic comes out, but no reason not to have a few bucks on you for small purchases.

tjf67

I use my card for all types of purchases. If the establishment has a decent connection it is faster than cash. No signing for transactions under 20 bucks. I dont care if they are making money off of me.

SkiDork

2 things:

These days, many times CC purchases are faster than cash - like at 7-11 where you swipe your own.

I always use CC at a ski lodge, they're stickin it to me with the prices so its a wee bit of payback... Even for 75 candy bars...

deadheadskier

Staff member
hadn't really thought of the no signature under $20 part.

A lot of convenience stores up by me do still require a signature because of older systems. though that doesn't relate to the drive thru.