• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Hartford Rez - 6/7/11

bvibert

Staff member
My first visit to the Rez for the season. Despite hearing numerous times from different people that the place was pretty beat from everyone riding in the mud, I thought it was rolling pretty damn good! We had a great ride. I didn't feel especially strong on the climbs, but I did feel good overall. I'm really feeling a lot more confident on my bike lately, I think a lot of it has to do with the much slacker head tube than my old bikes. I even almost got a steep rock up that I've never had the nerve to try before.

We did about 10.8 miles in a little over 2 hours. Good times! :beer:

WoodCore

Good ride last night for sure! Was great too get a nice long pedal in before the sweltering heat sets in today. Pretty sure my ride tonight will be much shorter. Felt really strong on the big climb up for the first time this year and was able to crank up it in a tall gear. Only downside to the ride were the blood whoring mosquito's, man they were brutal even with gobs of repellant on. Speaking of blood, none was shed on trails which I think is a first for season. Usually somebody draws some and of late it's been me!

You so had the steep rock up Brian, should have gone back and tried it again and I'm certain you would have nailed it.

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, I probably should have went back and tried the rock again. I was pretty shocked that I made it up on it at all, I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I'll get it next time!