• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$200 to cut the line at K...

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
AZ Summit first tracks , first 75 on list is cool idea no extra $ just sign up , paying extra is a bad idea for pr I agree! ...do they limit ticket sales? I doubt it.

Funky_Catskills

On my Kashmir trip we faced the second leg of the gondola being down as per the Indian Army. Who actually own it or run it I'm not sure..
Our guides went inside the mid station gondola building and negotiated the restart came back and collected some money from us... Not a lot maybe $5 a person there may have been cigarettes and hash involved too.
We marched right to the front of the line(60 people) and took a ton of abuse but - F it... We paid to get the lift restarted...

deadheadskier

Staff member
AZ Summit first tracks , first 75 on list is cool idea no extra $ just sign up , paying extra is a bad idea for pr I agree! ...do they limit ticket sales? I doubt it.

AZ 1st tracks is great, but part of the reason they restrict us to 75 people is there are many loafers who pay big bucks for a gold pass to get first tracks every Sunday of the season. If the Loaf let a couple hundred of us on it would for sure piss off some gold pass members. They handle the system really well imo

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
if (when) they make this an option for day passes it will really screw the general population on powder days.

I don't see how this would work. You'd have to sell a limited number. You can't sell everyone cuts.

First tracks will be replaced with getting first in line for the ticket window.

steamboat1

I don't see how this would work. You'd have to sell a limited number. You can't sell everyone cuts.

First tracks will be replaced with getting first in line for the ticket window.
They did say a limited number would be sold. What that number is is anyones guess.

Also it's for only for 3 lifts on the mountain. K-1 gondola, Skye Peak quad & Ramshead quad. Weekends & holidays only.

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
AZ 1st tracks is great, but part of the reason they restrict us to 75 people is there are many loafers who pay big bucks for a gold pass to get first tracks every Sunday of the season. If the Loaf let a couple hundred of us on it would for sure piss off some gold pass members. They handle the system really well imo

Opening early is one thing, bumping people is another , but if your in ski school you more less get the same red carpet.
Altough with a group.

JimG.

Staff member
On my Kashmir trip we faced the second leg of the gondola being down as per the Indian Army. Who actually own it or run it I'm not sure..
Our guides went inside the mid station gondola building and negotiated the restart came back and collected some money from us... Not a lot maybe $5 a person there may have been cigarettes and hash involved too.
We marched right to the front of the line(60 people) and took a ton of abuse but - F it... We paid to get the lift restarted...

+1

snoseek

Opening early is one thing, bumping people is another , but if your in ski school you more less get the same red carpet.
Altough with a group.

The logic to that would be people are paying top dollar to get in as much instruction in a limited amount of time. Overall it's good for the industry if people get better. I'm personally ok with that.

They do this at Sierra at Tahoe, but so many people pay up that it doesn't really save all that much time. I imagine the k-1 crowd will do its share of heckling

skiNEwhere

I thought most ski areas only allowed line cutting privileges for private lessons, not group ones. Most top notch resorts charge at least $600 for an all day lesson, some as high as $900, so I think it's fair to allow cutting in that circumstance. Groups lessons, I'm kind of 50/50 on

skiNEwhere

I don't think anyone else here can relate to skiing in contested borders! You're crazy!! Although that's pretty cool too

gostan

Very few people bought that.
I know. Most folks had the common sense to pass on this. But talking about specials for cutting in line, when the lines at Sugar Bravo are long and slow, there is definitely a lot of distaste for the Claybrook owners extra special perk of getting to go direct to the lift via the ski school line. Personally, I do not care, but if there is more of these type line cutting specials, I would definitely start to get pissed off, as we already spend too much to ski and ride.

gmcunni

this should be added to the skiing on the cheap thread.

if my math is right - (for a passholder who skis weekends)
pass will save you approx 90 minutes of "waiting" time each day * 2 days = 3 hours more skiing per weekend * 15 weekends = 45 hours..

then add skiing the holiday weeks 10 days = 15 hours "more" skiing saved by not waitng -- that's almost 2 more days of skiing.

7 days of skiing for $200, that's a bargain

jack97

this should be added to the skiing on the cheap thread.

if my math is right - (for a passholder who skis weekends)
pass will save you approx 90 minutes of "waiting" time each day * 2 days = 3 hours more skiing per weekend * 15 weekends = 45 hours..

then add skiing the holiday weeks 10 days = 15 hours "more" skiing saved by not waitng -- that's almost 2 more days of skiing.

7 days of skiing for $200, that's a bargain

lol....I think skier/rider who don't think twice about coughing up $200 to cut the line will bother with the cheap thread.

On a minor hijack (pun intended), it's been a while but I had to travel on business a couple of times in the past month. Had to get use to the e tickets and the security procedures. What surprised me is that the airlines are doing the same, you can pay an extra $20 to board faster, this way you get first dibs to placed your carry-on at the overhead. I think the driver was adding a charge to check in baggage, it appears to me more passengers are bypassing the check in and using carry-on so that places a premium on overhead space.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
The more I read this thread and the more I think about it, I conclude that I just wouldn't want to be skiing at a place that is that busy and crowded; so if the ski areas can make some extra money by doing it, good for them.

Domeskier

I would pay extra to cut the line at Sundown but I'm sure I'll need the extra time in line to catch my breath after slaying Satan's Staircase.

JimG.

Staff member
I don't think anyone else here can relate to skiing in contested borders! You're crazy!! Although that's pretty cool too

I was in Portillo in 1995; hiked out the high traverse to some steep narrow chutes. The Chile/Argentina border is close by there. Those 2 countries are not friendly. There is a Chilean army base right across the valley from where we were. They decided that was the time for artillery practice. The loud reports of the guns were causing small slides around us.

Never skied so fast in my life!

bigbog

I was in Portillo in 1995; hiked out the high traverse to some steep narrow chutes. The Chile/Argentina border is close by there. Those 2 countries are not friendly. There is a Chilean army base right across the valley from where we were. They decided that was the time for artillery practice. The loud reports of the guns were causing small slides around us.

Never skied so fast in my life!

ROTFL JimG....
Yeah, inbounds revenue enhancement....can't escape it.