• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/9/21 - Winter Park/Mary Jane, CO - Bumpapalooza 14

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Resort or Ski Area
Winter Park, CO
Date
Mar 9, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Moguls
It was a different Bumpapalooza (the 14th installment) this year with Covid restrictions and differences. Much smaller crew, although there were still about 20 of us. I only attended one day; some of the others skied three or four days. Conditions were essentially spring-like with overnight temps in the teens and afternoon temps in the 40s. Very firm and fast in the morning, softer and wetter from about 11:30-2:30pm, then crusty and firm until closing. But as always, some of the best bump lines in the country. And a great group to ski with as well. I admit to being in a bit of pain the next morning... but you can't hold back, even in hard bumps, when you're skiing with a crew of amazing bump skiers! Already looking forward to next year's event, which will be the 15th anniversary of Bumpapalooza!

View attachment IMG_4948.JPGIMG_4949.JPGIMG_4950.JPGIMG_4951.JPGIMG_4956.JPGIMG_4957.JPGIMG_4962.JPGIMG_4968.JPGIMG_4973.JPGIMG_4980.JPG

jimk

Nice!
I first skied Winter Park and Mary Jane in 1976 the year Mary Jane addition opened.

prsboogie

I am very unfamiliar with WP but looking for some general info. I know this is very hard to answer but how is the early season (first week of December) historically.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I am very unfamiliar with WP but looking for some general info. I know this is very hard to answer but how is the early season (first week of December) historically.

I'm not sure how WP would be, but speaking more generally for Colorado, every year is different. If there's a lot of early snow it could be nice with a moderate amount of terrain available. If it's a drier November, you can expect limited terrain with manmade snow, and higher skier density. As with New England and elsewhere, early season is especially hard to predict.