• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

BodeMiller1

I'm going out on a limb here butt, in a fight to the death I'm going with cocaine bear over stoned moose.

Here's why:

1. Bears would eat a moosey in real life.
  2. Their drug of choice would give the bear an advantage.
  3. why not.
  4. I forget what 4 was.
What if I'm wrong.

1. If the moose still had it's rack. Moosey may pull out a win.
The sad underlying truth here is left to their own accords. The bear and moosey would just pass by each other in the forest and not think much of the encounter.

skiur

I'm going out on a limb here butt, in a fight to the death I'm going with cocaine bear over stoned moose.

Here's why:

1. Bears would eat a moosey in real life.
  2. Their drug of choice would give the bear an advantage.
  3. why not.
  4. I forget what 4 was.
What if I'm wrong.

1. If the moose still had it's rack. Moosey may pull out a win.
The sad underlying truth here is left to their own accords. The bear and moosey would just pass by each other in the forest and not think much of the encounter.

This is the north east and here we only have black bears which are no match for a moose with or without a rack.

MidnightJester

Here is taking drunk or buzzed on the ski slope in a different direction. Drove along the lift line

Last edited:

Granite1

If you drink, do not drive. If you drink, do not ski. If you ski, do not drink. If you drink, do not ski.

RH29

Morality police officer is here. Agree with first part of the statement
Drunk/high skiers can be a bad combo too. Skiing is inherently dangerous and especially when conditions are borderline or the hill is crowded, it's best to be at the top of your game. And I've had multiple bad experiences with stoner skiers in the last month - some asshole who felt it was necessary to smoke a joint on Skyeship at Killington while cursing out the rest of us for getting in a cabin we were directed by the liftie to get in. This weekend at Gore, I had a nice long chat with some loser who was stoned out of his mind and felt the need to talk about it constantly, with some politics sprinkled in.

skiur

Nothing wrong with drinking and skiing or drinking and driving. Getting drunk and doing either is a problem and shouldnt be done. There is nothing wrong with having a beer at lunch and going back out. There is nothing wrong with having a beer after skiing and getting in your car to drive home. Granite needs to get over himself.

RH29

Nothing wrong with drinking and skiing or drinking and driving. Getting drunk and doing either is a problem and shouldnt be done. There is nothing wrong with having a beer at lunch and going back out. There is nothing wrong with having a beer after skiing and getting in your car to drive home. Granite needs to get over himself.
Simply put - If you're too drunk to drive, don't ski. If you're too drunk to ski, don't drive. Seems like a reasonable middle ground between people who want to bring back prohibition, and assholes who down a beer or two on every lift ride.

ThatGuy

If I have a tall boy I’m impaired personally. But that’s because I don’t drink often and have a low tolerance. On the flipside I can smoke a joint and ski fine while others would be in la la land.
Nuance to things like this, but the bottom line is if you are to the point where you’re impaired it’s irresponsible to ski. Let alone drive…

Granite1

This is the same advertising tobacco companies use to get children to smoke and become addicted to nicotine. The same type of advertising synthetic drug companies and drug dealers use to get children to eat their synthetic products has killed many kids. How many kids on their way to Sunday River see this place and can't wait to take their first toke of weed on a ganjala. Some of them will become habitual and damage their developing brain cells, which science has proven over and over again happens when kids smoke weed. Some of them will move on to other hard drugs, become addicted, and some will overdose and die.

jimmywilson69

debbie downer GIF

2Planker

Not so sure about that....
On several occasions had to tell someone that their loved one was killed by a drunk driver. Hate that conversation

CT is trying to lower the legal limit to 0.05 which would put many over the limit w/ just 1.