• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A weed edible & a puff booting up at the car, A passed joint or bowl on the lift or just smoking trees in the trees : ) What? Where? and When?

MidnightJester

Marijuana is now here to stay and we get to ski and ride in a happier zone for the most part after smoking. It is now legal in most skier and snowboarding riding states and locations. Even ski free from weed now :)

Best buds and Snow hunting to all : )

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Don't have a problem with folks doing this, though it is not for me. I would respectfully ask folks not do the Ganjola thing that creates a polluted environment for the next group riding up, which may include kids.

I do believe it remains technically prohibited at most ski areas, particularly those that operate on federal land (as most Rocky Mountain ones do)

MidnightJester

Technically it is against the law on all federal property and some state land to smoke weed.

I can say I do like the written-in rule for NY's marijuana law that you can smoke marijuana any where you can smoke tobacco. It is the only state that has added that rule extension i have heard of. It might be by default but it is the only state that I have seen mention it.

KustyTheKlown

Is it really necessary to create another thread on this topic? This conversation has been had and is being had in another thread you started. Enough already.

skiur

It's still technically illegal in the United States of America, doesn't matter what state you are in. Federal law supercedes state law.

hardscrabble

Weed and skiing don't go together well for me, but that's not to say that it hasn't helped me out on the mountain before. Once got 3rd or 4th tracks down a tree run that soon enough became first tracks after I passed by a group of dudes smoking a J.

SuperMarioD

Hey there! While it's important to prioritize the safe and responsible use of cannabis, it can be a fun and enjoyable way to connect with others and explore the great outdoors. If you're interested in learning more about the latest news and research on cannabis, as well as tips for using it safely and responsibly, you should check out mindbodygreen.com. They have a lot of great articles and resources on the topic, as well as expert insights and advice.

Last edited:

djd66

When it first became legal in Colorado there were undercover feds riding chairlifts at ski areas on federal land. I heard people busted at wolf creek.
Did this actually happen or is this just urban legend?

drjeff

Here we F'ing go again......
Moderators PLEASE do us all a favor, do you job and lock this thread
I think I'd rather seeing a thread saying that Covid was created by an alignment between Rob Katz and Pres Trump as a way to secretly promote the sale of ski blades