• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpine Touring Ski for East Coast Backcountry

ts01

Ended up deciding on a two ski setup for AT in the end, cause I found K2 Backups on ridiculous markdown. Going with those and Atomic Drifter. Feel covered for everything here in the East short of the very deepest days. But all the shopping made me eager to expand from my one ski quiver for lift served, haha. So another thread, and credit card hit, to come :)

I've been on new Atomic Drifters for a couple of weeks now, just inbounds, and have to say: WOW. Carves, holds an edge, floaty in deep and soft, really nice. Hope you enjoy them too. They're a bit on the heavy side for my lazy butt so the narrower/lighter K2 is a good complement especially if you got them at the stupid cheap prices on Evo a couple of weeks ago. I've got an older K2 Shuksan in that spot now.

timm

Evo sale is exactly what I hit up up. Anyone else looking though, you can still get the 2010-2011 models on geax for under $300.

crank

Late to the thread but I have the G3 Saints and really like them. Have used side country and reassert so far, have 7 days on 'em. They are not the best for ripping gs turns down a steep icy groomer but are great in bumps and sketchy, tight terrain. I skied Parsdise and Castlerock at Sbush, All over MRG and all over Stowe including some OB out past the bench. I would highly recommend them for an AT ski, how often are you ripping ice in the back country? THey are light and manuverable and stable at speed. Good in bumps. at 93mm waist I might even go a little fatter but I have some 105mm skis and I wanted to go thinner and lighter for touring. I mounted them with Fritschi Eagles.