• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpine Zone Ski Racing Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortex

I put a blip about this in the Trips and Events folder. Pats' Peak has a weekly night Racing series. Takes place for 7 consecutive weeks starting in January. 7 member teams. $600 total cost for the team. (roughly $88 per person.) Covers skiing from 3 to 9 the day you race and an end of the year banquet. Teams race on mon-thurs depending on when you sign up an availiblity. 1 night per week same night each week.

Anyway... Ga2ki and ya me are in so far. Whom else is interested? pm me and add you name in here. This should be a blast. This kind of will be a guys/gals night out. Competition is not what its about for me. Getting a group out together is. I have not
raced in 20 plus years myself.

more info here www.patspeak.com/adult_cor_race.htm

dmc

I hate racing... Too much standing around for me..

Sounds like a good idea for those that are into it though!

awf170

couldnt do it anyway... must be 21 , not that i would be able to do it anyway... Ya racing doesnt seem that interesting to me anyway, maybe if you just do a few runs with not much waiting, then you ski the rest of the time it would be cool...

Vortex

awf170 said:
couldnt do it anyway... must be 21 , not that i would be able to do it anyway... Ya racing doesnt seem that interesting to me anyway, maybe if you just do a few runs with not much waiting, then you ski the rest of the time it would be cool...

Kind of my point Austin a couple of runs and then we hang together. Sorry the situation won't work for ya.
Thankx for takin the time to respond guys. :D

Vortex

tree_skier said:
I might be interested but it would make for a long drive home (to W. Dover, VT) not so far from work (Keene, NH)

I live in Nashua I work in Boston.. Same kind of thing here. I have sent them an e-mail trying to get an exact answer when we need to be there. Love to have ya... again thankx.

hammer

Unfortunately, you'll have to count me out for this season. This sounds like fun, but I think I'm still too much of a newbie.

As icy as Twister was last year and as steep as the FIS trail is, at this point I'd be lucky to get down without falling all over myself...

Vortex

hammer said:
Unfortunately, you'll have to count me out for this season. This sounds like fun, but I think I'm still too much of a newbie.

As icy as Twister was last year and as steep as the FIS trail is, at this point I'd be lucky to get down without falling all over myself...

You kidding me sounds like your qualified. :D Your welcome no matter what. Heck you could almost car pool with me.

Terry

wished I was closer, I would join ya! We did it at Shawnee Peak for a few years, and had a blast. Unfortunately we lost half the team due to injuries, people moving, lack of interest.

Vortex

Thankx Dave. Monday or tues would be my preference as well. Thursday is out for me. Great Keep coming guys. Terry we will catch you at other events.. of that I am sure. :D

ga2ski

As I said in the events/trips section. I plan to compete on my tele gear. not sure how fast that will be. I may have to buy some new alpine gear if I decide to get competitive. i just plan on getting to ski 7 more times this winter.

Oh wait I just read the rules, looks like I can race all year on my teles. Looks to me to be different divisions for tele, knuckledraggers and alpine. I think you have to race on the same gear all year.

I have heard that there are some race leagues where you race on all 3 types of gear, Anyone know of any of these? Which sounds like fun to me, but I would definitely need to work on my boarding.

Anyway. Looks like we have three. We need at least two more to have team, but 7 would be best. If we can not fill the team with people from the site, I think i could get a friend or two to join us.

Vortex

ga2ski said:
As I said in the rips section. Iplan to competye on my tele gear. not sure how fast that will be. I may have to buy some new alpine gear if I decide to get competitive. i just plan on getting to ski 7 more times this winter.

Oh wait I just read the rules, looks like I can race all year on my teles. Looks to me to be different divisions for tele, knuckledraggers and alpine. I think you have to race on the same gear all year.

I have heard that there are some race leaugues where you race on all 3 types of gear. Which sounds like fun to me, but I would definitely need to work on my boarding.
-
Anyway. Looks like we have three. We need at least two more to have team, but 7 would be best. If we can nolt fill the team with people from the site, I think i could get a friend or two to join us.

I read the rules., but never saw the tele grear info.
Glad you found it. 3 on our way to 7 come on guys.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Glad to see that Pats came through to help out...they have a GREAT pub upstairs and the racing trails are nothing to sneeze at.

Vortex

thetrailboss said:
Glad to see that Pats came through to help out...they have a GREAT pub upstairs and the racing trails are nothing to sneeze at.

How far it Pat's from Hanover. I bet closer than Boston. Hint Chilemass where the heck are you also.
We have a lounge to explore. :dunce:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bob R said:
thetrailboss said:

How far it Pat's from Hanover. I bet closer than Boston. Hint Chilemass where the heck are you also.
We have a lounge to explore. :dunce:

Yeah, Pats is closer. So maybe a visit every once in a while...not much $$$ or time for skiing next season... :(

bvibert

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
Yeah, Pats is closer. So maybe a visit every once in a while...not much $$$ or time for skiing next season... :(

:eek: I hope you can find some time for an AZ outing or two!

Status
Not open for further replies.