• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Forum New Posts/Threads Stats

Greg

Staff member
Obviously, these stats only reflect post and thread counts since we converted from phpBB to vBulletin. Looks like we logged the most number of posts ever in September:

new_posts.png

Even if you take GSS's 1K or so posts out of September's total, we still bested September 2006 by several thousand posts. We're also on track for over 9K this month!

Last month's new thread total was better than September 2006, but no where near the number of new threads we see during the mid-season:

New Threads
new_threads.png

Nice job, everyone!

I also enjoy stats,.,,I can't wait to start tracking my days, vert, runs again this season...I know I'm good for ratings on here so I'm sticking around forever...woo hoo..

Greg

Staff member
I know I'm good for ratings on here so I'm sticking around forever...woo hoo..

As much as I hate to admit it, indeed your posting frenzy seems to have had an impact on the September numbers. ;) Kind of scary though that you made probably over 10% of all the total posts made last month.

I'd like to see this month total over 10k in posts...we can do it..Holla

At the current rate, we'll hit 9,150. The second half of October typically is when site traffic overall starts to pick up. I think 10K is definitely within reach.

What I dislike about message boards is that posts slow down alot on the weekends..the weekends is when I don't have to rush to work and can just chill all morning in front of the computer..but there's not much to read..that dates back to my Ski Vermont list days..Over on PASR I have about 10 percent of the total posts as I recently went over 14,000 posts..but my daily average is down to 20 which I doubt will ever happen on here due to rapid fire replys and so many topics...When I get back from poker and Karaoke late night..I'll have so much to read..I'll need to save some for the morning..then I have a delivery day so no internet in the truck..I need an IPhone pronto...Shit when I was in Hawaii I posted on PASR from the TV..sa weet ness..Holla

BeanoNYC

As much as I hate to admit it, indeed your posting frenzy seems to have had an impact on the September numbers. ;) Kind of scary though that you made probably over 10% of all the total posts made last month.

Not to mention the responses to GSS's posts.

wa-loaf

Greg I'd be interested to see what the peak times during the day are. From my personal observations, it seems posts pick up around 11am before lunch, again around 4 as everyone gets ready to head home and then pretty steady from like 7 - 11pm. Or maybe that's just when I seem to be on the board.

Vortex

I don't post much at all on weekends. Sit in an office all day m-f ..... so come friday afternoon computers are not on my list. Weekends for me are ment to be outside hiking or making turns if at all possible.

hammer

I don't post much at all on weekends. Sit in an office all day m-f ..... so come friday afternoon computers are not on my list. Weekends for me are meant to be outside hiking or making turns if at all possible.
It would be interesting to see what the average post counts are by day of the week...I'd guess that Mondays are pretty busy.

Greg

Staff member
It would be interesting to see what the average post counts are by day of the week...I'd guess that Mondays are pretty busy.

daily_posts.png

I really enjoy the stats...is there somewhere on the site where I can access the stats on a regular basis..PASR has stats for the top 20 posters in the past 24 hours..and I look at it quite often..I've been the top poster just a few times..lol