• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 - February 8th - 10th, 2013 at Sugarloaf Mountain

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Updated Information on 11/1/2012

Please CLICK HERE to view the official press release

TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT, PLEASEPOST IN THE OFFICIAL ROSTER THREAD (Note, you must have 5 posts to view this thread!)

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 at Sugarloaf Mountain
February 8 - 10th, 2013

Schedule of Events

Friday, February 8th
Friday Afternoon Arrival/Check-In

9pm-1am
Penthouse Welcome Party – Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel
Party in the Penthouse with Nick and Stef, AlpineZone’s owners. Enjoy free drinks, a bubbling hot tub and a sampling of food from Sugarloaf’s newest restaurant - 45 North.
Saturday, February 9th
8:30am-4pm
Skiing/Riding - Explore Sugarloaf’s legendary terrain on your own or with a guide.

Time – TBD
Guided Tour of Brackett Basin - Get a local’s view of the Sugarloaf’s newly expanded terrain

3:00 - 5:30pm
The AlpineZone Après Party in the Widowmaker Lounge

• AlpineZone Awards hosted by Nick and Stef (we'll do some giveaways similar to last year)
  • Sign up for Sunday Morning First Tracks – first come first serve (limit of 75)
  • Live music
  • Free appetizers for AZ members
Sunday, February 10th
7:30am
Complimentary First Tracks at the Sugarloaf SuperQuad
Limited to 75 people who reserved their spot at the AlpineZone Après Party.

8:30am
Lifts open for non First Tracks skiers

Skiing / riding all day!

Ski & Stay Packages

These are some killer packages. Two nights lodging, two days of skiing, welcome party, après party, and First Tracks starting at $135 per person for the weekend!

Guests should call 800-THE-LOAF and ask for the AlpineZone Summit Rate.

Condominiums - $135 per person (based on maximum occupancy)
Sugarloaf Inn - $170 per person (based on double occupancy)
Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel - $250 per person (based on double occupancy and includes breakfast)

All packages include:
  • 2 nights lodging
  • Saturday and Sunday lift ticket
  • 90-minute Perfect Turn Ski or Snowboard Clinic
  • Access to the AZ Summit 4.0 Perks
    • Friday Penthouse Party
    • Saturday Apres Party
    • Sunday First Tracks (first 75 people at the Saturday Apres Party)
  • Condo & Inn guests get the use of the Sports and Fitness Center
  • Hotel guests receive a breakfast with their package and use of the hotel spa facility

*Maine state taxes and resort fees extra.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm really excited; and in particular I'm stoked that we are going to try it out a little earlier in the season. Last year was still a blast; but the snow conditions (across the Northeast) left something to be desired. It was actually incredible what Sugarloaf did with what they had.

A February trip should be a little more predictable snow conditions wise, but the flipside is it will be a little colder as it is still earlier in the season. But hell; that's what neckwarmers are for ;)

It's gonna be awesome this year. I am so looking forward to it!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I asked the same question, and Ethan and Brad assure me we can fit at least 30 ppl in it.

Yes, kids are welcome to anyone who asks as well, I'll be bringing along my wife and my (at that point) 8 month old son.

Cheese

Schedule conflict: Have a blast gals and guys! I'll truly miss this trip as it was awesome last year!

Angus

it will be a little colder as it is still earlier in the season

just a bit!!!

just took a look and it looks like Brackett Basin opened the third week of january in 2011 and they were able to get it opened by third week of february last year even with our crappy winter.

should be a good time.

Grassi21

February? Awesome. No HS lax in Feb. so this is a possibility after all these years.

xwhaler

I had a blast the past 2 yrs but alas will not be able to make it this year as my son is due the Saturday of the summitt!
Next yr though for sure! Maybe push little man in a sled up and down the Birches trail!

darent

janski and I are at SR 3rd to the 8th on the island ski trip. good timing, I will see if she wants to scoot up to the loaf to close out the weekend

Bene288

I'm may venture up to this one. Does anyone know if Sugarloaf owns a mono-ski that they rent out?