• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ambidextrous anyone???

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I remember my high school trip to France and before we went, our teacher made sure to point out that it was rude to keep switching utensils from hand to hand. Something about offending Europeans. So he was very big on knife and spoon=right hand, fork=left. I think that's when I started doing such.

bvibert

Staff member
My mother is a pure lefty, kind of obsessed with where people sit at a dinner table because of it. She lines people up so they don't bump elbows

I'm a lefty and am the same way. I always try to have my left side at the end of the table when possible. Bumping elbows when you're trying to eat sucks...

BeanoNYC

I can eat left-handed, though, and my left hand is stronger for some things. But for the most part, I'm right-handed.

Do you eat continental or American style?

Edit: Nevermind...I read through the thread.

Fork in left, knife in right is how I eat.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

drjeff

I hope you're not trying to drill teeth lefty. :-o ;-)

Tried that once in dental school on plastic mannequin teeth. Wasn't pretty :eek: Now when I'm working, the left hands sole purpose is holding the mirror :)

WJenness

I'm a lefty and am the same way. I always try to have my left side at the end of the table when possible. Bumping elbows when you're trying to eat sucks...

+1

But more on topic, I'm kind of crazy.

Left handed things:
Eating
Brushing my teeth
Fencing
Writing
Throwing a javelin
Hockey (except goalie)

Right handed things:
Throwing (except javelin)
Batting
Hockey goalie
Golf

Other things I tend not to think about and can do with either hand.

-w

Last edited:

WJenness

Tried that once in dental school on plastic mannequin teeth. Wasn't pretty :eek: Now when I'm working, the left hands sole purpose is holding the mirror :)

I had a lefty dentist when I was a kid.

He commented that it was a pain because he had to have more sets of instruments as most of his hygienists were right handed, and buying chairs and things for his left handed use was obnoxious too.

-w

SKIQUATTRO

most red-heads are Ambi....

I write with Right, eat with left, throw right, play tennis with both...(I used to serve with Left, then switch and play with Right, but can play equally with both) Golf / Bat righty.....

skiNEwhere

I write with my right and left hand, snap with my left, shoot with my left, and do everything else with my right. O yea, growing up I tried to learn to throw with my left so that I could pitch from both sides of the mound. Didn't work out