• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And the winners are . . .

gmcunni

RS%20OVERALL%20WINNERS.jpg

i haven't been to Butternut in several years, i am surprised to see it top the list of small mountains.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Honestly I don't put much stock into popularity polls like this. Reason being that the resort that gets the most skiers/riders who complete surveys wins.

That said, weird that Sugarbush and Stowe are not in the top 10 big mountains. Neither is Jay Peak (see what I mean). Sunday River and Sugarloaf did well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyone ski Bristol before? seems like the people who took this survey liked it quite a bit.

skimore

Anyone ski Bristol before? seems like the people who took this survey liked it quite a bit.

Once.......the place sucks. It's only an 1 1/2 hr drive for me and wouldn't even give it any thought. Rather make the 4-5 hr dirve to VT

TheBEast

WTF, Butternut is the best resort under 1100 feet?? Wow.

As TrailBoss said it's all about what resorts push the poll. I take no stock in these polls. Never even heard of Bristol Mountain, NY.....

bobbutts

Interesting that in CNH Gunstock swept Sunapee in Snowmaking and Grooming.. Not sure if that reflects reality since I haven't been to Gunstock in awhile. Typically Sunapee is highly rated for those things in these types of polls.

WWF-VT

RS%20Winners-State2010.jpg

I guess the Sundown gang forgot to vote or Snow East Magazine has better distribution in Southington

gmcunni

I guess the Sundown gang forgot to vote or Snow East Magazine has better distribution in Southington

any credibility this had was just lost.. southington over sundown is one thing but woodbury over mohawk? come on....

Interesting that in CNH Gunstock swept Sunapee in Snowmaking and Grooming.. Not sure if that reflects reality since I haven't been to Gunstock in awhile. Typically Sunapee is highly rated for those things in these types of polls.
The snowmaking capacity and grooming improvements this past season at Gunstock were very noticeable, even major .. Gunstock is moving in the right direction on this front. I renewed my season pass for next season.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The mighty Yawgoo received a gold medal for Rhode Island! Stiff competition I tell you! :lol:

Mapnut

Apparently Berkshire East doesn't exist. It may have gotten screwed out of the "Under 1100 feet" category because of an old claim of over 1100 vertical feet, which it doesn't have. But it isn't even listed under Massachusetts.

WakeboardMom

I was happy to see Bretton Woods and Gunstock listed under most scenic. Whoever decided these winners was spot-on with those two. : - )