• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Pass goes off sale 4-10-23 (sold out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Read on Facebook they'll be sold out tomorrow. Potential for additional passes for sale if they add additional member ski areas. Those passes will go to those still on the waiting list.

So, if you haven't made your purchase yet, now's the time or you are out of luck.

Edd

Read on Facebook they'll be sold out tomorrow. Potential for additional passes for sale if they add additional member ski areas. Those passes will go to those still on the waiting list.

So, if you haven't made your purchase yet, now's the time or you are out of luck.
My boss tried skiing again this year after many years off. I suggested Indy for next year as a cheap way to get some days in and found out a few hours later he couldn’t buy one because he wasn’t an existing customer. This was 2-3 weeks ago. There was a wait list but unclear how that would turn out.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just an FYI for those folks looking to add a family member in the future, you can do so during the returning pass holder buying period. I have a daughter who will be 6 and needing a pass for 24-25. I was concerned that I would need to put her on the wait-list now as I haven't had to buy her a pass yet. They assured me you can add family members if the purchase is made when you renew your pass.

chuckstah

Interesting they went this route. I would think sell a bunch of passes and have the individual areas controlling capacity would work. Cannon blacks out most every weekend. Most if not all have excess midweek capacity. Many of the small Indies would love more visits, especially midweek.

skithetrees

Magic would often sell out of Indy reservations. I would imagine Indy probably wants to prevent that from regularly happening, hence the limits. Is there such a thing as a mid-week Indy pass?

KustyTheKlown

I am glad they capped sales and judging by this early cut off, I’d assume at a reasonable number. It was getting too big for its own britches and the weekend experience at many indies was no different than majors in terms of crowds and lines. And they generally lack the lift infrastructure to efficiently move those people. Cautiously optimistic

deadheadskier

Staff member
I am glad they capped sales and judging by this early cut off, I’d assume at a reasonable number. It was getting too big for its own britches and the weekend experience at many indies was no different than majors in terms of crowds and lines. And they generally lack the lift infrastructure to efficiently move those people. Cautiously optimistic

Really? That wasn't my experience AT ALL this winter. I didn't start using my Indy until late January and other than a Bolton Valley weekend, conditions were good to stellar. So, they were high traffic days when I went. Magic was kinda busy on the Red the one time there, but Green was ski on. No issues at Cannon, Waterville or Pat's. Unfortunately didn't make it to the Blacks or Saddleback.

Maybe I got lucky. It was no where near the shit shows I experienced at Sunapee, Crotched, Attitash or Wildcat when I was still a sucker and had Epic. But you being an iKon guy might have a different perspective on being busy. Those areas save for Stratton and Loon don't have the mega crowds of Epic.

Smellytele

Really? That wasn't my experience AT ALL this winter. I didn't start using my Indy until late January and other than a Bolton Valley weekend, conditions were good to stellar. So, they were high traffic days when I went. Magic was kinda busy on the Red the one time there, but Green was ski on. No issues at Cannon, Waterville or Pat's. Unfortunately didn't make it to the Blacks or Saddleback.

Maybe I got lucky. It was no where near the shit shows I experienced at Sunapee, Crotched, Attitash or Wildcat when I was still a sucker and had Epic. But you being an iKon guy might have a different perspective on being busy. Those areas save for Stratton and Loon don't have the mega crowds of Epic.
Also Sugarbush last year had larger lines than any Indy places I went to this year.

KustyTheKlown

im mostly talking about jay and magic, where the lines were the longest i dealt with all season and the amount of indy pass use happening was very noticeable. jay had tram and flyer down that day, but i have been there plenty of times with that scenario and i have never seen lines on the bonnie like that day. magic was just a regular saturday. status quo 20 minute red lift lines. they really need black. but i blame both places popularity surges on indy

Smellytele

I skied at Jay twice this year and waited no more than 10 minutes in line on a Saturday. I have waited in longer lines there before Indy.
Magic was about the same pre Indy if the snow was good.

deadheadskier

Staff member
im mostly talking about jay and magic, where the lines were the longest i dealt with all season and the amount of indy pass use happening was very noticeable. jay had tram and flyer down that day, but i have been there plenty of times with that scenario and i have never seen lines on the bonnie like that day. magic was just a regular saturday. status quo 20 minute red lift lines. they really need black. but i blame both places popularity surges on indy

That's VT, not Indy. Too many of you damn NYers over there that don't bother coming to NH. ;)

2planks2coasts

This is rather disappointing. Been an Indypass holder since the beginning. I don't know yet where I'll be based this next ski season and won't for probably another six weeks or so. I don't mind paying a bit more for buying later, but to not be able to get it at all is annoying. If I do end up stateside for 23-24, I guess I'll probably get a Cooper pass. That's got a lot of Indy overlap.

drjeff

The way the early cut off of sales/the best prices for passes is going, in a few years it may become something like St Patrick's Day vs what now is basically tax day....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes and no. They still have employees to pay in the spring when virtually no revenue is coming in from operations, then summer staff when the revenue is still quite low from operations. So, early pass sales generate cash to cover those bills.

But that more applies to iKon and Epic. I believe with Indy, mountains get paid based upon redemption rate. You can't predict that in the spring.

jimmywilson69

I get it, but to have to purchase your pass to get the best price before the season is over is another way that makes it difficult to get new people into the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.