• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And then there were three...

wtcobb

That's great. 302 on Tuesday has oysters on half she'll. $1.00 each. !!

Sounds like we need an "Eating on the Cheap" thread.

Their breakfast was outstanding too, and incredibly nice waitstaff. They hold cribbage tourneys on Monday nights. A very cool place I wish were just a bit closer to make a regular stomp.

yeggous

I didnt know they still sell the valley pass, do you have a link?

It's sold by the chamber of commerce. I get one as a chamber member. They at least used to sell a more expensive public version called the Presidential Pass. You'd have to call and ask if they still do.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Only skied Whiteface a couple of times myself but thought it was a great mountain. Both times were in the spring so I didn't get to experience what it's known for (iceface)
Whiteface has a lot of flags too unlike some other place I know.

attachment.php

Attachments

• whiteface_w_flags.jpg
    whiteface_w_flags.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 299

Smellytele

Been to Whiteface once long time ago. As I remember was great.

Skied there a few times and there are some great steeps there and nice long runs. I have skied a few glades there but I wish they had more or maybe it is more like I wish I had found more. I experienced iceface on a few trails off to the lower left of steamboat's picture. Upper mountain was great though. Never got to ski the slides.

JimG.

Staff member
It's hard even for me to believe I am a lifelong NYer and skier and I have never been there.

It is a legitimately big mountain. Hope to ski there at least 10 days this season and I can pick and choose my days.

steamboat1

It's hard even for me to believe I am a lifelong NYer and skier and I have never been there.

It is a legitimately big mountain. Hope to ski there at least 10 days this season and I can pick and choose my days.
That 3 in 1 pass looks like a good deal for you. I'm familiar with the area you live (pass Hopewell Jct while driving the Taconic all the time). Belleayre & even Gore should be easy day trips. Whiteface may be pushing it a little but maybe not. It takes me about 2 hrs. just to get up to Hopewell Jct. from Brooklyn (maybe slightly less). I can make Gore in less than 5 hrs so that puts Gore well within day trip range for you. It takes me 3 hrs. just to get to the Catskills (Hunter, Belle, etc.) which I've done day ski trips to in the past. Just went to Hunter for a day trip two weeks ago for their Ocktoberfest & leaf peeping. Long day but not bad.

JimG.

Staff member
1:20 to Hunter for me, 2:45 to Gore and a little over 4:00 to Whiteface.

3:00 is my one way daytrip limit. Did a few overnighters at Gore last season and will do more this year. Same for Whiteface and will also mix in Whiteface/Gore combo weekends (Sat Whiteface Sun Gore).

mriceyman

1:20 to Hunter for me, 2:45 to Gore and a little over 4:00 to Whiteface.

3:00 is my one way daytrip limit. Did a few overnighters at Gore last season and will do more this year. Same for Whiteface and will also mix in Whiteface/Gore combo weekends (Sat Whiteface Sun Gore).

I wish i were those distances away.. Hunter 2:45 and gore 4 for me 😒

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JimG.

Staff member
K only open for xpress card and pass holders this weekend

I have the express pass...really a sweet deal I think one of the best for a mountain near (3:15 one way) me. Being able to ski weekdays and get 50% off walkup rate is the big difference for me.

Also being able to ski early season like this coming weekend (I'll be hiking in Cats) is an additional perk.