• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another Arguable List

Jully

HAHA that is sure to ruffle some feathers!

I do like the idea of Liftopia using their reviews and datasets like that though. Especially for things like family friendly or beginner friendly. Works better for some aspects than for others obviously!

jimk

Seems to be some ballot stuffing on that first list. I like the second list, eclectic and yes - unique ski areas.

BenedictGomez

Bretton Woods and Magic each receiving TWO #1s in the east tells you there's something fishy with the data collection (low 'N' count most-likely, or a social media outreach campaign, etc..).

Los

#1 in the northeast for "best value" is Arrowhead?? Bizarre...

chuckstah

I think I took this survey to get a liftopia gift certificate. If its the same survey, it had a huge alphabetical list of nationwide ski areas to choose from. People only taking the survey for the freebee likely just chose the first on the list, like Abenaki. Took forever to scroll down.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

I think I took this survey to get a liftopia gift certificate. If its the same survey, it had a huge alphabetical list of nationwide ski areas to choose from. People only taking the survey for the freebee likely just chose the first on the list, like Abenaki. Took forever to scroll down.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

That's actually true and kind of hilarious.