• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any idea how conditions are at Sunday River right now?

The Sneak

Might be heading there Sunday the 9th and a little concerned after reading so many TRs from this past weekend...not a fan of frozen granular or hard pack or whatever other charitable term for crap boilerplate there is.

Thanks

Edd

I'll be there tomorrow and post back.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Vortex

I skied Feb 21 st through March 2nd. Un groomed was still firm. Woods filled in fairly well with the couple of small squalls. I thought it was pretty good. Not like Mass Vacation week, but good. It was cold though. I have to read the reports and hear what Edd has to say. When there had not been resent Natural now, Sunday river is the place to go.
Its going to warm up too.

SIKSKIER

Might be heading there Sunday the 9th and a little concerned after reading so many TRs from this past weekend...not a fan of frozen granular or hard pack or whatever other charitable term for crap boilerplate there is.

Thanks
Not a lot of choice as 95% of NE ski areas are hardpack right now.

MadMadWorld

Not a lot of choice as 95% of NE ski areas are hardpack right now.

Northern VT saw a few inches every night last week. Small storms but when added up made the conditions really sweet last weekend. I bet Bolton Valley, Stowe, Smuggs, and Jay will all ski nicely!

Edd

Taking a beer break. SR is in pretty decent shape overall. The scratch is out there on the groomers. Actually (can't believe I'm saying this), the groomers I skied at Wildcat yesterday were in better overall condition.

Did Last Tango. It would be a stretch to call it good skiing but, if you must ski the trees, they are there for you. Quite firm, but luckily they got a half inch dusting last night. Hit Upper Cut and the lower half of Bims Whim and it's more of the same.

Haven't been to Aurora and Jordan yet. I've yet to see the expanded Blind Ambition so I want to eyeball that.

Edd

Wow, big improvement on Blind Ambition! Love the extra terrain!

It's snowing here this afternoon and conditions got kinda good. Even the firm bumps on the sides of Rogue Angel and Excalibur were skiing well.

I see that Flying Monkey and Tin Woodsman are open but Lost Princess isn't? That seems weird. I was here a couple of weeks ago and it was closed also when overall conditions at SR would make me think it's open. Anyone know what's up?

nanjil

Last week flying monkey was good. Last tango was iffy. Wizards gulch was ok. Dropped into the new and improved blind ambition by accident. What a blast!!

bigbob

Edd, you should of headed west an equal distance. Killington got 3" - 5" depending on elevation Wed. Softened things up nicely. We still found some powder today in upper mnt trails.

Edd

Edd, you should of headed west an equal distance. Killington got 3" - 5" depending on elevation Wed. Softened things up nicely. We still found some powder today in upper mnt trails.

I would like to hit VT more (havent been yet this season) but I spend alot of time in the MWV because of friends and convenience. If you draw a line from Loon>Cannon>BW>Attitash>Wildcat>SR, it's where I'm always at and I have a pass or card to all of them. Plus, I get free skiing at Gunstock and occasionally Cranmore due to some good fortune. It's made me lazy in recent years. I'm dying to hit Saddleback but can't seem to drag my ass up there.