• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any lift deals New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?

elks

Cannon BOGO New Yrs Day
Gunstock BOGO afternoon 1/1

Thanks! Cannon is a good option for us. I was eying a deal on Liftopia for Burke, but they have fewer trails open.

Hoping things warm up a bit! Burke is reporting "At the summit there will be a high of 2°F, with windchill dropping to -18°F" in today's report.

And Cannon is reporting a balmy high of 3F at the summit (without the windchill).

xwhaler

If I didn't already have a Gunstock voucher I was looking to burn I'd likely be at Cannon on Thursday.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hmmmm......I was thinking of using a Wildcat voucher on 1/1, but maybe Cannon is the play.

dlague

We had considered Bolton Valley for New Years Eve and purchasing through Liftopia ($43) and then using a $10 Boston Ski Show voucher making it $33.

However, we will be skiing with a collective group that come from MA, NY, and NH and BV was to far for some. Unfortunately for me, they all settled on Okemo. Why it is unfortunate is two fold - 1) I will be paying way more than I like as many of you know and 2) It will likely be pretty crowded. The worst part is - I could have bought tickets on Liftopia for $73 and now looking at full window rate of $94 because Okemo is not like others they expire Liftopia deal 48 hours in advance of the day.

elks

The worst part is - I could have bought tickets on Liftopia for $73 and now looking at full window rate of $94 because Okemo is not like others they expire Liftopia deal 48 hours in advance of the day.

Find solace in the fact that they have 83 trails open! I hear you though, $94 is a tough pill to swallow for Okemo.

Smellytele

We had considered Bolton Valley for New Years Eve and purchasing through Liftopia ($43) and then using a $10 Boston Ski Show voucher making it $33.

However, we will be skiing with a collective group that come from MA, NY, and NH and BV was to far for some. Unfortunately for me, they all settled on Okemo. Why it is unfortunate is two fold - 1) I will be paying way more than I like as many of you know and 2) It will likely be pretty crowded. The worst part is - I could have bought tickets on Liftopia for $73 and now looking at full window rate of $94 because Okemo is not like others they expire Liftopia deal 48 hours in advance of the day.

What is that going to do to your daily ticket cost? :)

Cannonball

At least on paper, Cannon has double the trail count ...

Yes, and like paper most of those trails are flat. There are a significant number of trails listed in Cannon's count that are literally not downhill ski trails by any definition. Some of them would be a stretch to consider at XC ski trails. If any of Cannon's management wants to come on a dispute that, let's settle it with a ski-off on Lakeside (I'll choose sneakers as my gear for that one).

dlague

Yes, and like paper most of those trails are flat. There are a significant number of trails listed in Cannon's count that are literally not downhill ski trails by any definition. Some of them would be a stretch to consider at XC ski trails. If any of Cannon's management wants to come on a dispute that, let's settle it with a ski-off on Lakeside (I'll choose sneakers as my gear for that one).

Definitely not for snowboarders! I made the mistake of heading down that "trail" to get over to Zoomer Lift after accidentally skiing past Gary's - never again! Then again it provides a way for beginners to lap the Zoomer Lift, right?

Dmiller27

I'm pretty sure I'll be at Cannon with Deadhead Skier as well on New Years Day.

Cornhead

I'll be at Cannon 1/1 and it'll be day 1 of this season for me.

Issues? I'm surprised it's your 1st day. I'll be on day 14, I think, about time to stop counting, I usually don't even try.

Cannonball

We'll be there 1/1. Hope to see a bunch of you there.
DLague, we'll have 3 snowboarding nephews with us (15, 13, 13), might be a god fit for riding/skiing with your son.

dlague

We'll be there 1/1. Hope to see a bunch of you there.
DLague, we'll have 3 snowboarding nephews with us (15, 13, 13), might be a god fit for riding/skiing with your son.

Absolutely! Maybe he should bring his skis and his snowboard! sounds like there will be at least a half dozen of us! Gotta make some turns and at least have a beer! Going to be a cold one!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm in for Thursday. Dana possibly as well. No dawn patrol here. Should be there around 9. I'll post up an event

darent

drove past cannon yesterday, didn't look good, a lot of ground showing on a lot of runs.