• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone try the Hand Out Pro Gloves?

ColdRain&Snow

I’m planning to upgrade my gear and my gloves are all taped up so they get replaced first.

I saw these and they seem like very good quality. The zipper (assuming it lasts) is handy, and they should dry quickly.

Learned a little about YKK Zippers.

Planning to use them tomorrow.

22FA87DE-7D60-4462-9904-8C884E2EDB5C.jpeg528212A8-B618-4D9C-9913-6A8C605F9925.jpeg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Loved mine. The gloves are great but the zipper wore out after about 3 seasons of moderate use. I took them to be repaired and the repair shop just cannot get good enough zippers that stand up.

Great idea, I got mine at their booth at a season pass event at Brighton on a significant discount, but I am not thrilled about the durability.

ColdRain&Snow

Loved mine. The gloves are great but the zipper wore out after about 3 seasons of moderate use. I took them to be repaired and the repair shop just cannot get good enough zippers that stand up.

Great idea, I got mine at their booth at a season pass event at Brighton on a significant discount, but I am not thrilled about the durability.

Thanks for responding, I was wondering about durability and repair.

I guess you could have the zipper removed and that opening sewed closed? I’m hoping they’ll last more than a few seasons.

ColdRain&Snow

YKK zippers are the best made zippers in the world.

Yes, there aren’t a lot of reviews for these and a zipper issue was mentioned in one. But they were from a few years ago.

I hope hand out eventually moved to YKK’s higher end zippers.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks for responding, I was wondering about durability and repair.

I guess you could have the zipper removed and that opening sewed closed? I’m hoping they’ll last more than a few seasons.
FWIW mine are an older model with different zippers IIRC. That said, they look pretty similar to yours. My first issue was that the zipper track itself tore out of the glove due to repeated wear and tear. The second issue was the the zipper pull itself snapped off. The replacement one a private shop installed broke off after about 3 days of skiing.

Again, great idea, but if you are like me and use the zippers a lot to pull out your phone, etc., then they will wear out.

The gloves themselves are quite nice. But the zipper feature is THE reason to get them and if they prematurely fail then you are SOL.

Last edited:

2Planker

We were given a few pairs last year at NSP. I blew out the side seam in less than 10 days of free skiing. Never wore them once for work. Leather is good quality but thin, Zippers are weak. Not YKK if IIRC. Not for temps under 10F. In the trash in less than a month...

ColdRain&Snow

We were given a few pairs last year at NSP. I blew out the side seam in less than 10 days of free skiing. Never wore them once for work. Leather is good quality but thin, Zippers are weak. Not for temps under 10F

lol, now I’m wondering if I should send them back :unsure:

thetrailboss

Staff member
We were given a few pairs last year at NSP. I blew out the side seam in less than 10 days of free skiing. Never wore them once for work. Leather is good quality but thin, Zippers are weak. Not YKK if IIRC. Not for temps under 10F. In the trash in less than a month...
Now that you mention it, the zipper pull failed at Big Sky when it was really cold last year.

skiur

YKK zippers are the best made zippers in the world.
I remember when I was young and wore US issued flight jackets and bomber jackets from the navy surplus store they always had ykk zippers.

kickstand

Big fan of my FTPs, removable liner is clutch.

Wish I had known about this company before Christmas. Bought my son a pair of trigger finger mittens. He doesn't ski a ton, since he plays HS hockey, so I didn't want to break the bank. Paid significantly more for a pair than the ones here, and I bet they are not as good of quality as these.

When I'm due for new gloves, I may spring for something from Baist. Those seem pretty solid and they're a local company. Anyone out there have these?