• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Aspen/Snowmass April 2019

Zermatt

We are headed to Denver April 13-21st next year. We have the Ikon Base Pass and plan to head to Aspen for five days of skiing at Aspen and or Snowmass. I booked a cancellable condo in downtown Aspen.

Everything I've read says they plan on closing April 21st. Does that sound right? The price I paid for the condo has me a little worried.

Also, April can be late. I can cancel until mid-february with only small penalty. By then I should know how their snowpack is shaping up or if I need to cancel and divert to the front range places like Copper or Winter Park.

From what I've seen Steamboat would be closed by that week (last day is the 14th).

Anything I am missing? Flights were a great deal on Southwest.

raisingarizona

We are headed to Denver April 13-21st next year. We have the Ikon Base Pass and plan to head to Aspen for five days of skiing at Aspen and or Snowmass. I booked a cancellable condo in downtown Aspen.

Everything I've read says they plan on closing April 21st. Does that sound right? The price I paid for the condo has me a little worried.

Also, April can be late. I can cancel until mid-february with only small penalty. By then I should know how their snowpack is shaping up or if I need to cancel and divert to the front range places like Copper or Winter Park.

From what I've seen Steamboat would be closed by that week (last day is the 14th).

Anything I am missing? Flights were a great deal on Southwest.

I’ve heard that the closing day party at Highlands is the stuff of legends. Even if you don’t party I bet hanging around to just watch is pretty darn fun.

KustyTheKlown

a lot of resorts out west have hard closing dates due to national forest regulations. there's usually plenty of snow still. the difference between aspen and front range places in terms of snow in mid april will probably be negligible, and aspen has a whole lot more charm than posting up at copper or winter park on your ikon all week. and, in my opinion, steamboat is flat and overrated. highlands is super challenging, snowmass has something for everything, and ajax is a unique place to check out (tho, in my recollection, annoyingly configured so that you need to ride the gondola a lot)

snoseek

It will likely be the deepest snowpack of the year.

Edd

My one trip there was a week in late March and I was beyond impressed with everything. I fully intend to return. Have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jaytrem