• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Attn Helmet People

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I have the G10 with the TuneUps ear pieces and love it. They all fit differently however. I'd check fit in a local store then price compare online.

BLESS

uhhh, what are the tune ups & ear pieces?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge.

Greg

Staff member
You really need to go to a shop and try a few on. Some folks have Giro heads, other Boeri heads, etc. It might also not be a bad idea to bring your goggles along to confirm they fit well with the helmet. Another big thing to consider is ventilation. Some helmets like the Giro 9 have inserts that can easily be lost. The Giro G10 has a slider which opens all vents. Tune-ups (for an iPod, etc.) may or may not be important to you.

FWIW, I had a Giro 9 which was okay, but I upgraded to a G10 and love it. It fits better and no more lost vent inserts.

Hawkshot99

I recomend a Giro Fuse or G10 depending on your head shape. Both have controllable vents operated by a switch. Real nice when skiing hard the riding the chair on a cold day.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Me, my wife and a bunch of other folks we know have the Giro Fuse Helmet. Great helmet and that's a price that's hard to beat. However, like Greg says, go to a shop first and try it out.

BLESS

cool...thanks. Is there any main difference that would sway me to the Fuse or the g10? I'm gonna go to REI and try em on anyway, I'll bring my goggles, however I may end up getting new ones next year.....

Great info people, keep it comin. :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
cool...thanks. Is there any main difference that would sway me to the Fuse or the g10?

Don't know, I'm on my second Fuse and love it. It does appear that the Fuse has more vents.

Edit:

The fuse vents hold snow better :)

normal_P3020102.JPG

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Is there any main difference that would sway me to the Fuse or the g10?

Yeah. Pick the one that makes you look more bad-ass. ;)

Seriously, choose the better fitting helmet...

SKIQUATTRO

i have the G10 Giro and its great, light weight, tons of vents that you an open or close...but def go to a ski shop with your goggles...every helmet fits differently on your noodle and will not always take to your current goggle..you can get a great brain bucket for $100.00

bigbog

have to try them on....

As mentioned, there is a Giro fit, a Boeri fit?, and there is a Marker fit(non-circular). Love my Marker M3s...from last season. Plenty of ventilation. Skull-cap fits nicely underneath if needed.

$.01

hammer

FWIW, I had a Giro 9 which was okay, but I upgraded to a G10 and love it. It fits better and no more lost vent inserts.
Ever since you mentioned the vent inserts I get nervous each time I take mine out...

I'd agree that, unless you can get a great deal on a Giro 9 or the 10 just doesn't fit, it's worth getting the 10.

Hawkshot99

cool...thanks. Is there any main difference that would sway me to the Fuse or the g10? I'm gonna go to REI and try em on anyway, I'll bring my goggles, however I may end up getting new ones next year.....

Great info people, keep it comin. :)

They have a slightly different shape to them. Dont know how to really explain it, but I could feel it. The G10 also has a larger shell, but that is just looks.

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
Fuse fits people with rounder heads a bit better. G10 fits people with oval heads a bit better. This is guidance only. As noted previously, all helmets fit differently. Just be thankful that you don't have a XXXL size pumpkin - there are very few choices in that size range.

newskier

I got the Giro G10 this season and love it, but as has been said before, all the different brands and models fit a bit differently. I tried on many helmets before deciding the G10 gave me the best fit. And then my old goggles didn't fit well with it, so I ended up buying new goggles as well.

Greg

Staff member
They have a slightly different shape to them. Dont know how to really explain it, but I could feel it. The G10 also has a larger shell, but that is just looks.

Not sure how it compares to the Fuse, but the G10 fit is actually a bit smaller than the nine. My size L nine was just a tad too big (okay with a balaclave underneath). My G10 also size L fits perfectly.

Hawkshot99

Not sure how it compares to the Fuse, but the G10 fit is actually a bit smaller than the nine. My size L nine was just a tad too big (okay with a balaclave underneath). My G10 also size L fits perfectly.

What i was saying was the outer shell of the G10 is bigger. Not the area that your head fills.

According to the Giro rep, all of the sizes throughout the Giro line are the same. If you are a L in one helmet, you are a L in all Giro's, including the kids sizes.

Greg

Staff member
What i was saying was the outer shell of the G10 is bigger. Not the area that your head fills.

According to the Giro rep, all of the sizes throughout the Giro line are the same. If you are a L in one helmet, you are a L in all Giro's, including the kids sizes.

Well, I can tell you my G10 fits more snugly than my nine did. Perhaps the nine was packed out a bit? I suppose helmets can pack out like boots...