• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bacon!

playoutside

Wondered how long it would be until this showed up over here. I LOVE bacon, but this goes too far. Bet it smells amazing while its cooking. I've already dared another friend to make it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Brian keeps talking about this. I am sure that, if we had a smoker, he would have had it already. He said it looks like it would best be eaten like a slim jim... forget slicing, just gnaw on the log! :lol:

drjeff

That looks GOOD! I actually though found out last night courtesy of the Palm Restaurant in Boston that Bacon makes a wonderfull companion with of all things brussel sprouts

bvibert

Staff member
I was so proud of my wife when she made up some bacon to add to the chili she made last night. Mmmmm.. Bacon!

Geoff

That looks GOOD! I actually though found out last night courtesy of the Palm Restaurant in Boston that Bacon makes a wonderfull companion with of all things brussel sprouts

bacon_floss.jpg

ctenidae

That looks dang tasty.
Dang, that looks tasty.

Look, that's dang tasty.

Dang, look! That's tasty.

That is to say, Bacon, mmmmmmmm...

ctenidae

Turns out, my brother made one last night. Said it was about what you'd expect.

He's laid up with a stomach flu today. Totally unrelated, I'm sure.

drjeff

:lol: That's about the one dental related thing I DIDN'T see at the convention I was at this past weekend. If I had, no if ands or buts about it, I would have ordered a case or two to give out to patients! :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Turns out, my brother made one last night. Said it was about what you'd expect.

He's laid up with a stomach flu today. Totally unrelated, I'm sure.
Yeah, I imagine it would take a few days to recover from that. :lol:

And yes, bacon in chili is yummy. :D

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
:lol: That's about the one dental related thing I DIDN'T see at the convention I was at this past weekend. If I had, no if ands or buts about it, I would have ordered a case or two to give out to patients! :)
If my dentist starting handing those out, she'd have a patient for life (or as long as she's on my plan). Not to mention, I'd be telling all my friends and co-workers (who have the same insurance coverage) about her!

Grassi21

Brian keeps talking about this. I am sure that, if we had a smoker, he would have had it already. He said it looks like it would best be eaten like a slim jim... forget slicing, just gnaw on the log! :lol:

I have a smoker guys. We can crank one of these up in the spring.

Grassi21

As in tail-gating at Sundown? :lol:

That would be sweet. I need to see how long it takes to smoke the bacon explosion. Regardless. I can bring the smoker/grill up for a post spring-bump cook out...