• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 12/7/2013

goldsbar

What a great start. Similar trail openings to last Saturday except Roaring Brook was actually open (not just indicated as open on the website). They clearly lost some snow but still had plenty as coverage was generally good. Looks like the storm was mostly rain. Very top of the mountain actually had a few inches of natural which could be a great hard base for the woods if we manage to get another storm.

Overall conditions were hardpack to firm hardpack. Most of my time was on the intermediate hills as I was with my younger son. The black diamond next to the lift seemed like some sugar on top of some water ice. Probably wasn't that bad but I was stopped on it every 20 ft or so giving me more of a look than wanted.

Should be really good next week if we really get the predicted cold snap.

k123

Snowguns were blasting today on Winnisook and Tongora top to bottom. This morning the whole area to the left of the Superchief was covered in a massive snowmaking cloud. Winnisook has massive whales on it and should open soon. Should be great snowmaking weather this week starting tomorrow night! :smile:
:fangun::fangun: