• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre this weekend?

mightaswell

I haven't been out yet this year and was thinking of bringing the family up this weekend. Chomping at the bit but I'm willing to be patient for a different day with better conditions.

Anyone with any thoughts or insights on the expected conditions there?

Hate to drive 2+ hours each way and drop $300-400 for crud. My gut tells me it won't be good with the recent warmth and rain but perhaps some more local and regular may know better.

Thanks

ScottySkis

If I didn't already make plans for Elk I might had been going to Bell.

I think they be okay but Catskills have gotten lots of rain. If you want to save some money you can go to Catamont and get lift tickets if you stop at Potter Brothers ski shops $40 tickets through potter Brothers, they have store in Kingston, Fishkill, Poughkeepsie, . I wouldn't expect great conditions any were unless we get snow on Sunday.

catskills

This Saturday high of 30 degrees. Probably hard frozen granular machine groomed on the groomers. Can you say morning foot massage. Moguls will be hard frozen stuff in the morning which will loosen up a bit by 10:30am due to traffic.

Calling for a dusting of snow Saturday so you never know.

legalskier

Website states they picked up 3" & still snowing, plus ongoing snowmaking-

http://www.belleayre.com/promotions/picofday.htm

picofday1.jpg

steamboat1

I think I may be there Sunday. My daughter wants to take a day trip. I haven't skied with her in 6 years. Can't think of anywhere else, maybe Catamount. Of course she picks one of the busiest weekends of the year to decide to ski. Haven't skied the Catskills in some time, Bershires even longer. I'll be back in VT. sometime during the week.

JimG.

Staff member
I will amazingly be there on Sunday with my son James to watch his friend race there.

I always seem to wind up there once a year. I will be interested to see how crowded it is this weekend. I'll be at Hunter as usual on Sat.

ScottySkis

I will amazingly be there on Sunday with my son James to watch his friend race there.

I always seem to wind up there once a year. I will be interested to see how crowded it is this weekend. I'll be at Hunter as usual on Sat.

If I would have known I would have made plans to go to Bell. Already have plans with family for Elk. Have fun this weekend I look foward to your trip report.

mightaswell

Just got back from Belleayre with my sons. Up at 4am, out at 5am, pulled into lot at 7:30am. Got lots of runs in before the place got packed but the trails never seemed crowded. I'm real big on doing these kinds of things EARLY. Snowed all day. We were out at about 2:30. Conditions were generally very good. The falling snow helped. Had a great day overall. Will be a good day there tomorrow with some freshies to spread tonight.

Have fun!