• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East 1/3/15

catsup948

Berkshire East

1/3/15 6:15pm-8:45 pm

Snowy, sleety awesomeness!

This was my 5th day in a row skiing Berkshire East, conditions have improved everyday this week. Tonight deserves a trip report.

My 6 year old son, jr ski bum, came home from skiing all day and declared "Berkshire East is starting night skiing tonight!" I wasn't feeling so hot, didn't ski today but I decided to make a go at it in the fresh snow. Well it turned out that we had some amazing conditions! The 2 inches of sleet and snow made for a fantastic skiing surface. My son seemed happy barreling down the middle, I found the sides to my liking. Run of the night was upper flying cloud with upper comp a close second. Skiing was butter smooth and felt perfect under foot. Very surfy feel. Seeking fresh tracks was the best move as the groomed underneath was very fast and hard.
All in all a great night of skiing at great little mountain I've called home for 29 years!

Attachments

• 1420342349031.jpg
    1420342349031.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 30