• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Snow Summer Mogul Series

Domeskier

For those of you who don't follow Big Snow on social media, this weekend is the second-to-last installment of their summer mogul series. Enjoy some turns on their machine-made bump run this Friday through Sunday. The last scheduled weekend in the series is Sept. 22-24. Speaking from experience, it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours on snow before the season starts.

jaytrem

Thanks, didn't realize they had scheduled days. I'll try to make the 22-24 weekend.

Domeskier

Yep, they had an officially scheduled event over memorial day weekend and another at the end of July. Occasionally, groups of bumpers will meet there and ski in their own line. A big group from Blue Mountain was there a couple weekends ago. They have a Facebook group called "Bumping Big Snow" that's useful to keep track of the impromptu sessions.

KustyTheKlown

lol. after last october i said never again. im not even sure a bump line could keep me interested in 125 vertical foot runs and then a slow chairlift. and its like 15 miles from where i sit. once to check it out and never again for me, i think.

i am getting the itch tho. booked my canada trip and pre-cleared the time off at work. finally took my bootbag out of my car - its been in there since may - and washed all my ski clothes. most of it was clean, but what i wore the final 2 days of the season was...not :sick:

gonna confirm that the ski shop is open for business and they are not in patio mode anymore, but will go to ski barn in wayne to get some pre-season tunes and mounts done one weekend soon

about 10 weeks or so from my typical day 1 at k

FBGM

I’ll be here Thursday to get some quick turns in before heading out for a 2 day tuna fishing trip off Jersey somewhere. I’ve been to ski Dubai so of course need to check this indoor place off the list.

jaytrem

Bumps were fun in the dome today. We usually hang out in the park there, this was much more enjoyable. Might head back tomorrow.

4aprice

Bumps were fun in the dome today. We usually hang out in the park there, this was much more enjoyable. Might head back tomorrow.
Jay, What time were you there? We went 10-12. Lot's of KMS kids there. Line of bumps was fun enough. Was rockin the old Black hoodie with the big Camel on back. Left my phone in the locker so no pics today.

PS Jay: Jet game tomorrow parking could be a bear.

jaytrem

We started skiing around 11:45, just missed you I guess. Probably get there for opening tomorrow. Figure that might be the best plan for traffic/parking. Today worked out perfectly. Crowds cleared out a little after noon. How was it at opening?

Bosco DaSkia

are these seeded bumps or are they letting them grow naturally?

Is there any variation from the zipper line?

Domeskier

are these seeded bumps or are they letting them grow naturally?

Is there any variation from the zipper line?
The bumps are seeded and mostly uniform from top to bottom, with some unintentional variations in spacing. When Big Snow seeds them, they make them about 20 turns long. When the skiers make them, the line tends to be longer, but we're still talking about 20 seconds of actual skiing. If you're a zipper-line bump nerd and like working on form, it's still pretty fun.