• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Squaw Chair Sponsors

sull1102

As we all know, Big Squaw in Maine is getting ready to wake from it's slumber thanks to a non profit whom I work with, The Friends of Big Squaw. I know back when Magic was selling shares there was talk of an AZ share being purchased. Wellllll folks do I have a second chance for you! Big Squaw is selling Chair sponsors for $500. You get a banner saying whatever your heart desires on the back of the lower triple chair opening early next month. Would there be any interest in doing something like this?

sull1102

Well as of now it looks like Super Bowl Sunday could be opening day, hopefully. The pictures on Facebook show that they got the groomer out today and groomed the Kennebec trail for the first time, getting close. This year they're going without snowmaking, so au naturel!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like they had good snow for the groomer to work with. Really hope this takes off. Glad that they all got together and made things happen rather than sitting around and complaining or looking to someone else to take the lead.

JAS90

I learned to ride there. It would be great to have it open again.