• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big weekend. Huge.

ctenidae

Lots of fun stuff.

Got a speeding ticket on the Mass Pike (89.2 mph, which is much better than what I expected). Trooper was great- we talked cars for a little while (he drives and S4), the low quality of driving skill on thePike, etc. He said he was jealous of my car. After he gave me the ticket, he said to keep it down, but not too slow, since those fools will rear-end you.

Bought a Dremel and cleaned up some stained grout and concrete on my kitchen countertops.

Bought a Sham-WOW. Haven't used it much, not report yet on the effectiveness. Trying to decide where to pour a 2 liter of soda on my carpet.

Made Bacon Bourbon. Used Old Grandad and Dietz & Watson bacon. Imparts some flavor, definately broke down some of the heat in the Old Grandad.

How was your weekend?

WJenness

What do you drive?

There's a statie who drives an S4 and posts (or used to before they changed format, he might not be there anymore... tons of people left) on Audi world... wonder if that was him... Where on the pike was it?

I need a dremel... keep telling myself I'm going to get one...

Oh Sham-WOW...

My weekend was decent. Friday night I spent armoring (repairing weapons) for the fencing tournament I had on Saturday. After the tournament I met a few friends down at foxwoods, dinner at Shrine (good stuff), played poker for a while (made $50 playing 2/4 Hold 'em for a couple hours), played some spanish 21 before heading home yesterday (made $75), overall my winnings offset food for myself and my gf, so it was an OK trip... Spent yesterday evening being a bum on the couch...

-w

ctenidae

What do you drive?

There's a statie who drives an S4 and posts (or used to before they changed format, he might not be there anymore... tons of people left) on Audi world... wonder if that was him... Where on the pike was it?

I drive a Mecedes C300 Sport (only way to get the 6-speed). Looked at the A4, but it seemed small, and I couldn't get them to budge on price. BMW 3 is far too common in our parking lot- I'd have never been able to find my car. Plus, the Merc was cheaper- got it for teh same price I was paying for my Acura.

Got tagged at mile marker 86- near Charlton. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same guy- he was talkative, very nice, despite the ticket giving.

The Dremel rocks. I had one, but it broke about 6 years ago, and I never replaced it, despite about 4,000 instances during our remodel that screamed for one.

hammer

Bought a Dremel and cleaned up some stained grout and concrete on my kitchen countertops.
Most times my Dremel is used to file down my dog's nails, but it really came in handy when I tiled my kitchen walls a few months ago. Needed to do some U-shaped cuts to get around electrical outlets; made two cuts using the wet saw and then used the Dremel to cut across. Only downside is that the Dremel cut took long time, but the end result was worth it.

One big problem with your weekend...still snow on the slopes and no skiing?

Last edited:
89mph..dang..slow down!!!! I hit 94mph in a 55mph on the way to Blue the other day..I should know better based on all the tombstones we sell.

I spent the weekend skiing Blue mountain, drinking beer, post whoring and blowing my nose..S4's are sweet..you're a Baller!!!!

mondeo

89mph..dang..slow down!!!! I hit 94mph in a 55mph on the way to Blue the other day..I should know better based on all the tombstones we sell.
100+ mph is perfectly safe in many situations. I've hit 125 in my car, 90+ a few times, but I keep it down nowadays purely to keep costs down - gas and tickets. Most of the time I'd feel comfortable driving at least 85 off peak, probably 90, with moderate traffic doing 75.

100+ mph is perfectly safe in many situations. I've hit 125 in my car, 90+ a few times, but I keep it down nowadays purely to keep costs down - gas and tickets. Most of the time I'd feel comfortable driving at least 85 off peak, probably 90, with moderate traffic doing 75.

I feel more comfortable skiing fast than driving fast..

TheBEast

Got stopped on 91 in VT this weekend on the way to Jay doing 74....warning but still who gets pulled over doing 74? Looking for some added revenue I guess. Stateies out in full force Thursday night. Must have passed at least a half-dozen of them.

wa-loaf

Skied Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge this weekend (trip report coming). Drove around in my buddy's S4 to get there. I own a dremel, don't use it much. No speeding tickets, but when I got back from Germany years ago it was a real problem. It's hard to adjust when 100 was your cruising speed.

RISkier

91 and 90 seem very heavily patrolled. Everytime I drive 91 I see a combination of several cars pulled over and/or speed traps.

gladerider

spotted a few on sunday on my way down from Ludlow on RT 7 between bennington and albany. got pulled over but he let me go with a warning.

Glenn

I find Northern Mass on a Sunday afternoon and evening to be heavily speed trapped. The Jeep cruise is set to 70 and I hang out in the right lane until about Northampton. I'm convinced NY plates are a big "PULL ME OVER PLZ!" scarlet letter in the eyes of the Mass staties.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I find Northern Mass on a Sunday afternoon and evening to be heavily speed trapped. The Jeep cruise is set to 70 and I hang out in the right lane until about Northampton. I'm convinced NY plates are a big "PULL ME OVER PLZ!" scarlet letter in the eyes of the Mass staties.

Ditto for Jersey plates. I got profiled once on 84E right before the Mass Pike. Cop pulled me over, asked where I was going, shined his flashlight around our feet to see if we had anything, than told us to have a go.

Glenn

Probably any out of state plate, LOL! But I do see NY plates hauled over more often than CT or NJ.

RISkier

We were talking with a retired MA Statie the other evening who told us that 90 and 91 were patrolled especially heavily because they were routes often used in drug trafficking. Whenever I'm on those roads it seems lots of folks are going right around 70. OTH, if you drive 70 on I95 or I93 in MA you'll get run over.

drjeff

Ditto for Jersey plates. I got profiled once on 84E right before the Mass Pike. Cop pulled me over, asked where I was going, shined his flashlight around our feet to see if we had anything, than told us to have a go.

That spot on 84 right at the CT/MA border has got to be one of the cops favorite places to do radar enforcement work. I'm really, really glad that when I'm going to/coming home from VT that I get on/off 84 right at the 1st exit in CT(exit 74) which is less than a 1/2mile from the border. The simple fact that I'm either on the brakes for the exit or still accelerating upto speed after getting on 84 I know has saved me alot of $$ there!