• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

binding swap kerfuffle

abc

yea I know. It happened fast. Def should have told them to hold off. I don’t even need the black crows for Colorado Xmas, I’m bringing the kastles. I can’t be too upset bc I did tell them to proceed, that’s on me
Now you're beginning to getting over it. :)

it's really not such a terrible outcome. You got new binding on your new ski. OK, you paid retail, which you shouldn't have to. Hopefully the shop owner will make some allowance on your girlfriend's rental to make you whole.

Go get another ski to put the Baron on. You'll be one ski richer (and a few hundred bucks poorer). That's not so bad, is it?

crank

BTW, Colorado for Christmas sounds great! We are heading north to Quebec for New Year's. BRRR!

KustyTheKlown

i did tremblant for the days between xmas and new years a few years ago. word to the wise - ski somewhere else, tremblant is a nightmare of crowding at the holidays. there are lots of small areas along the road to tremblant. unless youre going more towards Quebec City, in which case, disregard. have not been but would love to check out le massif and saint anne sometime.

we will be in Winter Park 12/23-30. dog sledding on 12/26. just me and girlfriend 12/23-26, then denver friends joining 12/26 PM thru 12/30.

Last edited:

abc

I’d say it’s fair.

With the $110 off, it basically covered your new binding minus what you would have paid for the swap of Baron. You’re made whole.

(Ok, you can’t tour on the new ski, but you admit you don’t do much anyway)

And you now have an old Baron floating about. What you want to do with them is a first world problem :)

Last edited:

crank

50% off ($110) on gf seasonal rental. fair-ish outcome.

At least they did something for you. That's good.

I have been to Tremblant, Ste. Anne and Le Massif.

Ste. Anne is a half hour from Quebec and Le Massif is another 20 or 30 minutes east along the St. Lawrence.

We are staying in the city for NYE and then sharing an Air B&B with friends at Ste. Anne. Skiing will be crowded but probably not as bad as Tremblant. Looked into Tremblant because, Ikon, but everything in the village was either booked or super pricey. so I figured the crowds would be massive.