• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Mountain, NH CLOSED

jaytrem

My understanding of the situation was that the organizers were part of the problem, hence the blowup.
There seem to be a lot of conflicting stories on that. I wasn't there, so I don't know. I had already seen him acting crazy in person. So he had already lost my benefit of the doubt.

I just hope they can move on from all the past negative stuff and get the mountain to a good place. If he's not around, I think it will help. That might be a sticky situation though, remains to be seen.

AdironRider

There is no dispute that Ski the Whites was abusing the guy's liquor license and were putting him in an untenable position.

You give bars the business for not serving underage patrons or is this just some personal gripe you have with Black? For the liquor license holder they are the same in terms of legality. There was no other alternative for the guy with the Ski the Whites situation other than for him to break the law by letting them continue. Quit giving the real problem a pass here.

urungus

There is no dispute that Ski the Whites was abusing the guy's liquor license and were putting him in an untenable position.

You give bars the business for not serving underage patrons or is this just some personal gripe you have with Black? For the liquor license holder they are the same in terms of legality. There was no other alternative for the guy with the Ski the Whites situation other than for him to break the law by letting them continue. Quit giving the real problem a pass here.
If there was no other alternative, how/why is the new management inviting Ski The Whites to return ? Seems to me the former owner could have worked to identify specific individuals who were breaking the rules.

jaytrem

You speak like you were there, but you were not. But that's just you, so whatever. Some reports say Ski the Whites was trying to police the BYOB. Who knows the truth, not you, not me, neither of us was there. I don't have a problem with him kicking them out. I have a problem with his pattern of behavior, which I was unfortunate enough to witness WITH MY OWN EYES.

EPB

If there was no other alternative, how/why is the new management inviting Ski The Whites to return ? Seems to me the former owner could have worked to identify specific individuals who were breaking the rules.
Short hypothesis: ignorance.
Better question: why didn't Ski the Whites find a new home at any of the other ski areas within an hour's drive of Black Mountain if they were such a benefit to their host?

2planks2coasts

Short hypothesis: ignorance.
Better question: why didn't Ski the Whites find a new home at any of the other ski areas within an hour's drive of Black Mountain if they were such a benefit to their host?
They ended up at Black Mountain of Maine, which seems pretty in line with their vibe. More so than anywhere else I can think of locally. It's a 1+44 drive, not too far.