• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

blow torch

thetrailboss

Staff member
Do you have any airline miles for a broke bro in law? If so I'm down. Utah or Colorado?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Not to add to the anger, but we just ended a 50"+ week here. Come on out.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

We bagged this weekend and are working around the house but friends of ours who skied in the Pocono's called it "dodging dirt".

Good things out west, get out there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

cm0311

Same here, bagged a trip to Cannon. Franconia seemed to be staying on par with temps that you see up by Jay Peak which are lowest around during daytime highs this past week (elevation in the notch). So I figured I would stick with Cannon.

However my weather app is showing everything from Jay Peak to Killington to Cannon hovering right at 60* as of 1PM.

Bagged it last minute to clean up the house and remain depressed. Really hoping old man winter gives us a good March after this thaw.

I'm located over in Hampton NH.

Cheers guys.

snoseek

Mtb season for regular tires opens up right about now

4aprice

Mtb season for regular tires opens up right about now

Ah but Snoseek. Things are ramping up in the Rockies. Actually hit the bike this morning for a shorty after another cardio workout I do. Even if I'm off the snow got to be ready to go. Next 2 weekends are Northern Northern New England then St Patty's day the silver bird to Denver.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

cm0311

So after tonights cool down/freeze is it worth going up northern NH/VT or is it just going to be ice tomorrow?

Perhaps decently soft by the time late morning kicks in?

cm0311

There's a decent chance of getting 4 to 6 inches tonight in northern Vermont.

Killington north? or like jay peak north?

I just looked at Troy, VT forecast and aside from rain changing over to a brief snow(dusting) not seeing much. Unless I'm being ignorant and not taking into considerations elevation differences in troy versus Jay Peak.

But I see your located right up there, so please share your source!

Last edited:

benski

I just looked at Troy, VT forecast and aside from rain changing over to a brief snow(dusting) not seeing much. Unless I'm being ignorant and not taking into considerations elevation differences in troy versus Jay Peak.

Troy VT is at 750' according to wikipedia. Thats your problem. Use the NWS point forecasts and make sure your location is on mountain and has an elevation similar to mid mountain

gladerider

Ah but Snoseek. Things are ramping up in the Rockies. Actually hit the bike this morning for a shorty after another cardio workout I do. Even if I'm off the snow got to be ready to go. Next 2 weekends are Northern Northern New England then St Patty's day the silver bird to Denver.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

got out this morning to ride my mtb. it was almost 70 by the time i was done. some plants and trees were opening up and it's still february. crazy.

fbrissette

Forecasts are all over for this one. I take my info from lots of sources. I like NWS probabilistic snow forecast for the potential range.

http://www.weather.gov/btv/winter

chuckstah

I found all the snow. Never seen the Merrimack this high in February. Flood watch in effect. F#ck!
7c909a6d09729478b421be48cb2df176.jpg
0e537b0c11da7d711b323b76eac8d934.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
MRG closing on Sunday temporarily.

Killington closing the Skyeship lodge/gondi next week due to snow loss.

Radar indicating snow already mixing in in So VT. Northern VT and the ADKs might make out really well tonight.

drjeff

MRG closing on Sunday temporarily.

Killington closing the Skyeship lodge/gondi next week due to snow loss.

Radar indicating snow already mixing in in So VT. Northern VT and the ADKs might make out really well tonight.
That's VERY optimistic radar for So VT your currently looking at now then!!!

I've got 50 degrees (down from 62 a couple of hours ago) and HEAVY rain on my back deck at Mount Snow now (8:05PM) - the local Albany Station I have on TV now has the rain/snow transition line at roughly I-87 in NY now.

Hoping for some backside snow tonight, as what I saw at Stratton today, and then when I got back to Mount Snow from Stratton this afternoon (couldn't see Mount Snow this morning from my place due to DENSE fog!!) wasn't pretty!!

Freeze up tonight, and then likely back to just snowmaking terrain for a while...

While it was a decent past week business wise last week, the weather has taken a significant toll on the snowpack [emoji22]

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app