• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mountain PA 2/2/13 Slight disappointment

4aprice

Today was PA Cup Race #4 at Blue Mountain. I always look forward to getting to Blue and Elk during the season as I am locked up down here in PA for the U-18 season till March. I've had some really fun days at Blue in the past and enjoy it. This is in no way a bashing of Blue because it has been pretty rough sledding for the areas in the Pocono's with the mild December and 2 January thaws but I arrived with the expectations of some bump skiing today and there was not a mogul to be found. They have aways been great with that and while I know the weather this past week was bad down here it was still disappointing. Of course in a true twist of irony some of the Camelback Crew called us at about 2 to rave about fresh blown snow and bumps on Cliffhanger at CBK. Im sure they'll be gone before I get back there. Hey maybe Blue will push some bumps up tonight as I will be there tomorrow for race #5.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ