• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bottomless Sac

bvibert

Staff member
I can I get one Bvi?

If you go to my SAC Tracker you'll see an option "Play audio alert when item changes" towards the bottom. If you check that box and click submit you'll hear an audio message when the item changes to a new one. You'll need to leave the browser window open for it to work. If you'd like to hear what the alert sounds like you can click on the link that says "Click here to verify that the sound will play." under the aforementioned check box.

This way if you're one of those obsesive guys that leaves the tracker open all day while you're doing other work (like Andy) you'll hear when the item changes and know to look at the browser to see what the new item is. There's also an option to enter an email address if you'd like to be notified of a change. The only problem with the email is that currently you need to leave the browser window open for it to work. So it doesn't do much good if you use the same computer all the time because by the time you see the email you'll likely have seen or heard the change anyway. It works out good for someone like Andy who has the email sent to his phone so he can keep up with all the latest SAC developments from the road... I'm working on a new method for the email so it'll be more useful for the rest of us...

highpeaksdrifter

If you go to my SAC Tracker you'll see an option "Play audio alert when item changes" towards the bottom. If you check that box and click submit you'll hear an audio message when the item changes to a new one. You'll need to leave the browser window open for it to work. If you'd like to hear what the alert sounds like you can click on the link that says "Click here to verify that the sound will play." under the aforementioned check box.

This way if you're one of those obsesive guys that leaves the tracker open all day while you're doing other work (like Andy) you'll hear when the item changes and know to look at the browser to see what the new item is. There's also an option to enter an email address if you'd like to be notified of a change. The only problem with the email is that currently you need to leave the browser window open for it to work. So it doesn't do much good if you use the same computer all the time because by the time you see the email you'll likely have seen or heard the change anyway. It works out good for someone like Andy who has the email sent to his phone so he can keep up with all the latest SAC developments from the road... I'm working on a new method for the email so it'll be more useful for the rest of us...

Thanks

bvibert

Staff member
The smart wool shirt that's on there now looks like it might make a good base layer for skiing...

I'm thinking about picking one up...

BeanoNYC

I have a padagonia one that is exactly like that. I love it but it's getting a bit shabby. I think XL may be a bit too big though....what to do?

bvibert

Staff member
I have a padagonia one that is exactly like that. I love it but it's getting a bit shabby. I think XL may be a bit too big though....what to do?

I got a L before they sold out. I'm not sure if it'll be big enough though. I haven't worn a size L for a very long time. Going by the chest measurements I should be ok, I didn't want it to be too big since I'll be using it as a base layer.

bvibert

Staff member
Backcountry banner ads now B? Did they they insist?

Nope, they didn't insist. Just trying something new. Are they too much? I hate over-powering ads on sites, which I'm trying to avoid. The Google ads seem to be coming up with some relevent ads, although they seem to be weighted towards cycling apparel for some reason..

BTW, that pack that's on there now seems like a good deal. Too bad I need another pack like I need a hole in the head...

roark

Nope, they didn't insist. Just trying something new. Are they too much? I hate over-powering ads on sites, which I'm trying to avoid. The Google ads seem to be coming up with some relevent ads, although they seem to be weighted towards cycling apparel for some reason..
Nah, they're fine. Much better than "Sponsor" posts...;-)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

BTW, that pack that's on there now seems like a good deal. Too bad I need another pack like I need a hole in the head...

I think it's looking good. I actually like the ads and have checked a few out. The only thin I might recommend is moving that second Backcountry ad to the bottom of the page. Where it's at now, it just seems to break up the SAC Tracker.

PS, very tempted by that backpack as well, also have too many. :)

bvibert

Staff member
The SAC Tracker is suddenly timing out a lot more than usual and is very slow loading. Hope it isn't because of those ads.

I'll look into it. It could also be issues with my host. I know they are/were planning doing a bunch of updates to their servers around this time.

Thanks for the feedback.