• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Brattleboro Ski Hill rescue initiative- HELP!!!

Do Work

I have very limited time so I'll keep it short and sweet:

Brattleboro Ski Hill needs all the help it can get and I'm here to ask you for whatever you can do.

Many of you know me as the Ops Director from Magic but I got involved with BSH a few months ago when one of their Board Members called me looking for assistance figuring out their system- keep in mind BSH is a 100% volunteer-run operation and they do not have trained staff in the way a ski area does so they were having a hard time discerning what their options were. Apparently their pump blew and was going to be a one-off rebuild which is insanely expensive. Considering that it was a retrofitted pump of unknown gallonage and output pressure and TDH from what looked to be a 1960s era firetruck, that would be a complete waste. After going through their componentry, system limitations and desired long-term outcomes with the fine folks at Ratnik, we determined a modern replacement and some adaptive couplers would save a ton and fit the bill perfectly. I've also signed on to donate all their custom pipe fitting & welding to tie it in and have even found an electrician to partially donate their time and work to install- but we still need to come up with some cash for the pump!

I was fortunate enough to be able to share their GoFundMe on the Skiology FB page and that blew up in a big way- over $6k was raised in a couple days but we still aren't quite there. I've included the link to their GoFundMe Page and any exposure any of you could help to give this effort would be greatly appreciated. All funds go directly to BSH! Thanks and stay awesome!

Newpylong

Good on you! That is awesome that you have volunteered your time and expertise given how busy you guys are. I drive by that place all the time heading over 9 to see my folks, but have yet to stop. Community hills like that are what keep people in the sport.

Was it Tim Wang at Ratnik who is helping them out? I miss working with him, he's the man.

I am going to donate momentarily.

urungus

Thanks for the heads up on this campaign, just made a small donation. It’s a fun place to take a couple of turns on the way to/from Mount Snow. Love the community spirt of little hills like this.

Do Work

Any update?

Yes! Due to the great success of the GoFundMe campaign, BSH was able to not only upgrade their pump but expand their pumphouse as well! Thanks to all who helped in any way, I’m stoked to see them making improvements and I’m positive this is just the beginning!

Do Work

I saw their pictures on the FB page. That's such a cute little pump lol.

All their pipe is 4” so it’s a 300gpm on a soft start. Keeping it simple and cost effective 👍

Last edited: