• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breckenridge 3/12

jaywbigred

We woke up to an inch+, and apparently this was enough to have the powers that be cannoning the upper bowls.
IMG_0371.jpg

It was overcast and chilly to begin with. We warmed up on our ski-in trail, a run down Gold King to Shock; and a run down Springmeier to meet our friends. Then as a group we hit Rounders and Duke’s Run, before splitting up slightly. I started lapping the T-bar, skiing quasi-chutes to skier’s right of Horsehoe Bowl, as well as the (albeit thick/dense/wet) powder lines on skier’s left, all the while doing my best to ski the steepest (42 degrees+) lines we could find without hiking, as per our previous night’s review of http://3dskimaps.com/breckenridge/ .
IMG_0396.jpg

As more heavy snow and winds moved in, we stayed on the T-Bar, this time moving skier’s left of the top of the lift, skiing some fun lines between Debbie’s Alley and Vertigo,
IMG_0402.jpg
despite very disorienting light and snow conditions.
IMG_0401.jpg

As the conditions got tougher, we made one last run down the gut of Y-Chute.
IMG_0400.jpg
Tired, and with the snow really starting to pelt our face,
IMG_0409.jpg
we moved back towards the base, deciding to check out the lower Peak 7 area we hadn’t been to yet. We found that mostly boring, though there was some fun stuff in the well-spaced trees towards the top of the Independence Chair, as well as some fun beginner bumps closer to the base of the lift. Finally, we met up with the rest of the group for what turned out to be a pretty subdued après at the Bergenhof (though I have to recommend that the bartender, god bless her soul, gave very generous pours on straight alcohol drinks), as apparently people were heading out early because of the snow. And it was snowing pretty good too. Tomorrow is looking like a legit powder day, so early to bed we go!

snoseek

I hope your ready today should be huge!!!!!! 20 in. at winter park and still coming! I'm jealouse you don't have to deal with I-70 this morning.