• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Brighton 03/01/07

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Weather: Snowing all day, visibility low but not too bad.

Conditions: Groomed trails with powder on top, powder

Report:

Six days of skiing, six different mountains, yesterday we hit Brighton. Every mountain we've been to has been great in it's own way, each has had it's own character. Brighton is one that I didn't really plan on, but Zook is staying there with her friends, plus some people I met at the hotel were going, so I figured let's check it out. Well, it turned into a very pleasant suprise.

One, the Apache Chiefs are growing on me, did much better yesterday. The mountain itself is very nice, it doesn't have bowls like Alta or Snowbird. It has mostly groomed run in the center and natutal terrain on either end, we did a bit of both and enjoyed both. In either case we were able to find some untouched pow.

By 12:30 me and Vee decided to take a break and eat lunch. At that point she said here legs were hurting, mine weren't much better. I told her that if she wanted to we can leave, we've done a good bit of skiing in the past six days. She was undecided and I said that we should go out for at least 1 or 2 more runs. Well, those 1 or 2 runs turned into the rest of the day, we were just enjoying this mountain that much. At first we started with some of the easier groomed runs, then worked our way into some of the trees. Brighton does have some great looking tree runs, unfortunetly, I didn't feel confident enough on the new powder skis to go too deep into them. We also hit some more pow and then called it a day by about 3:30. This this is one mountain I'd definately revisit. Well today's Powder mountain, our first revisit, I just checked the report and they are reporting 14" of new snow and still falling, cat skiing here we come! Here's the pics from Brighton:

normal_P3010001.JPG

normal_P3010003.JPG

A lot of nice pow in between those trees:

normal_P3010006.JPG

normal_P3010008.JPG

normal_P3010012.JPG

normal_P3010014.JPG

normal_P3010015.JPG

normal_P3010017.JPG

normal_P3010018.JPG

normal_P3010020.JPG

Last edited: