• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley 2/3/15

medfordmike

First time at Bromley today. Sunny with lots of packed powder and chopped up powder but cold. Temps ranged from -3 to 9 degrees during the day. With all the recent snow it would be hard to complain. A few windblown patches near the top but otherwise it was great.

Avalanche Glade was really great. Other glades I tried were fun too. Not a lot of steeps but good fun cruisers and interesting glades. I liked Bromley a lot. It felt like a cross between Pico and Gunstock. Old School vibe and intuitive simple layout. No crowds and two for Tuesdays was a nice benefit too.

image.jpg

bzrperfspec77

I have been looking at hitting Bromley this season as its the only ski area in S. VT I have not skied... I will get there this year. Glad you enjoyed.

slatham

I am biased - its my home mountain - but Bromley has a lot to offer and ski's much bigger than its stats. Its not the size of Stratton, and doesn't have the gnarly steeps of Magic, but it has some great terrain and a great Vermont, family vibe. The skiing was incredible this past weekend, so 12"+ more since then and it must be off the hook.

medfordmike

I have been looking at hitting Bromley this season as its the only ski area in S. VT I have not skied... I will get there this year. Glad you enjoyed.

Definitely worth the trip. I would agree with slatham it offers a good time. It is not a mega resort but it doesn't lack for variety. I skied Stratton today, a mountain i have skied many times and honestly I had a better time at Bromley yesterday and it was a good day at Stratton. If you like a classic feel than you will enjoy it.