• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burlington/ Nassahegan 2009-11-15

WoodCore

Spent quite a few hours out in the woods of the forbidden forest today. With all the rain the last few days decided to go for a hike this morning and give the trails some time to dry. Managed to briskly walk 4.5 miles and did some exploring of parts of the forest that are new to me. Regardless, a great way spend a Sunday morning.

Anyway had a ski related meeting to attend in the early afternoon so I headed out of Burlington, did what I needed to do and managed to roll back to Scoville Road around 2:30 to hook up with Rueler and another mutual friend for a quick rip.

The ride was not long (6.1 miles) but the pace was almost perfect and over the course of the whole loop I think we stopped maybe twice and only for a few seconds at each stop. Despite the recent rain the trails where for the most part pretty dry and only slightly greasy.

On a side note we ran into two of the remaining riders who where out on the "Tour de Nassty" today. Mega beers and pizza to these guys! They started around 8am and managed to ride somewhere around 35 miles of the Burlington/Nassahegan trail network today. WOW! :beer:

Regardless, the highlight of the day happened as we where enjoying some post ride brews by the cars and observed Yogi and Bo Bo casually exit the Scoville twisties, cross Scoville Road and proceed into the Jug! It seems that the black bears enjoy the trails as much as we do!

Last edited: